Alltrades Abbey in Dragon Quest IX
Alltrades Abbey (Temple of Dhama) is a recurring location in the Dragon Quest series. It is represented as an abbey, church, or temple where playable characters can change their vocation. It usually appears early to halfway through the games in which it appears. Since its primary purpose is vocation-related, it does not appear in Dragon Quest games that do not possess a class system.
In each game, there are set requirements for when a character can change to another vocation. The abbey is strongly tied to the overall class system and is not uncommonly used as a hub location in the games in which it appears.
- See main article Alltrades Abbey (Dragon Quest III).
The abbey appears just prior to obtaining the ship in Portoga. Characters must be level 20 to change classes. The hero may not change classes. The abbey is often used as a hub point once it is reached, due to the ability to save the game directly at the entrance, making it the quickest way to save the game in the original NES version.
- See main article Alltrades Abbey (Dragon Quest VI).
- See main article Alltrades Abbey (Dragon Quest VII).
The abbey is under the control of monsters which must be cleansed before it can be used to change classes.
- See main article Alltrades Abbey (Dragon Quest IX).
The abbey appears somewhat earlier than in other games. However, Abbot Jack, the vocation-changing priest, has gone missing. He must be located and rescued before vocation changing options are available in the game.
- Dharma is an Indian spiritual and religious term, meaning one's righteous duty or any virtuous path in the common sense of the term, an appropriate name for a place of significant change.
- The name was re-localized as Alltrades Abbey in Dragon Quest IX and the DS remake of Dragon Quest VI.
 Related articles
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikia.|