|Localized As|| Wooden cane |
|Found in|| Dragon Quest II|
Dragon Quest III
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest Builders
|Buy for||various, see article|
|Sell for||various, see article|
The cypress stick, also known as wooden cane or simply stick, is a recurring weapon in the Dragon Quest franchise. It is a simple wooden stick and is usually the weakest weapon in the game.
The cypress stick is a crude, but simple length of wood that can be used as a club or baton. In its earliest depictions, it had a loop at the end of its handle. Later entries in the series shows the cypress stick as having a length of cloth around its handle as a rudimentary grip.
The cypress stick has an attack bonus of +2. It can be equipped by all characters. The Princess of Moonbrooke joins the party with it equipped.
The cypress stick (known simply as Stick in the GBC version due to text limitations) has an attack bonus of +2. It can be equipped by all classes. The King of Aliahan gives one to the hero at the beginning of his quest.
The cypress stick has an attack bonus of +2. It can be equipped by all characters. Borya is initially equipped with it.
The cypress stick has an attack bonus of +2. The hero begins his journey with this weapon.
The cypress stick has an attack bonus of +2. It can be equipped by all characters. When equipped by Ruff, it actually decreases his attack by 1. In the 3DS version, it is initially equipped by Kiefer.
The cypress stick has an attack bonus of +4. In this game, it is classified as a sword and can only be equipped by the Hero. Although it has no practical use in combat, the cypress stick can be used in various Alchemy recipes:
- Iron lance = Cypress stick + Dagger
- Long spear = Iron lance + Cypress stick x2
- Hunter's bow = Strength ring + Cypress stick x2
- Stone axe = Cypress stick + Stone hardhat
- The cypress stick shares its position as the weakest weapon in the series with the bamboo lance.
- The anime series Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei makes a humorous reference to the cypress stick in an imagine spot as being the bare minimum for an adventurer, along with the plain clothes and pot lid.
|This article is a stub. Help out by expanding it.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikia.|