Hero (Dragon Quest VI)
|Dragon Quest series character|
|Dragon Quest VI|
|Voice Actor||Tomokazu Seki (CD Theater)|
The hero has many official names in Japanese. The default name for him in the games is Rek (レック). In the CD theater drama, his name is Will (ウィル). In the manga, his name is Botts (ボッツ). In the novelization, his name is Iza (イザ).
|Attribute||Starting Stats||Maximum Stats|
|Initial gear||Cypress stick, Plain clothes|
- In the SFC release of VI, the Hero had an innate 30% resistance to zap-type damage, and a full immunity to all party-removal abilities.
Class and Skills
The Hero only requires one mastered class to use the Hero class. He also learns several unique skills regardless of class.
|Remember*||0||1||Self||Remember one line of dialogue|
|Heal||2||4||One ally||Restores at least 30 HP to a single ally.|
|Peep||1||6||One item||Reveals the nature of the treasure in a chest. Also enables item appraisal.|
|Sap||3||7||One enemy||Reduces the defence of a single enemy.|
|Zoom||1||8||Self||Teleports to a previously visited town|
|Remember More*||0||10||Self||Remember three lines of dialogue|
|Forget*||0||13||Self||Discard memorized dialogue|
|Remember All*||0||18||Self||Remember an entire paragraph|
|Zap||6||*||All enemies||Calls down lightning on all enemies.|
- The memory spells are related to conversations you can record with the x button. They are not present in the DS version.
- Zap is learned through an event in the game.
- The hero underwent a drastic redesign in the early planning stages of VI, shifting from a moody looking warrior with red hair to the positive, blue-haired lad players are familiar with. This discarded design would be tweaked and become the basis for Terry.
- His spiky blue hair is reminiscent of Nera's son (see Trading Card image in gallery).