|Game||Dragon Quest IV|
Lakanaba is a town in Dragon Quest IV, Torneko's hometown and the starting point of Chapter 3. Torneko lives here with his wife and child, working part-time at the local weapons shop until he has earned enough capital to begin his quest for adventure and greater riches. Far to the north of Endor, it is located across a narrow channel to the east of Vrenor.
Other known residents
- Tessie- Torneko's wife. Moves with him to Endor later in Chapter 3.
- Tippy- Torneko's son. Moves with him to Endor later in Chapter 3.
- Old Man Finnegan (Grandpa Tom in the NES Version)- Awaits his Finn (his son) to return to town. In Chapter 3, he will pay Torneko a small amount of Gold to take him to the church.
- Finn (Referred to as Tom's son in the NES Version)- Returns to town after Torneko gets him out of Ballymoral jail, and loans him Fido (his dog). In Chapter 5 and 6, he is given Torneko's former house by Tessie and works in the Weapon Shop. He is also married to the nun from the town's church.
- Packed lunch
- Antidotal herb (PlayStation and Nintendo DS Version only)
- Leather hat (PlayStation and Nintendo DS Version only)
- Leather shield (PlayStation and Nintendo DS Version only)
- Medicinal herb
- Seed of strength (Chapter 5-6)
- Chain sickle (Chapter 5-6)
- Icicle dirk (Chapter 5-6)
- 8 Gold Coin (PlayStation and Nintendo DS Version only)
|Wayfarer's clothes||70||Defense +4|
|Leather armour||180||Defense +12|
|Chain mail||350||Defense +18|
|Bronze armour||700||Defense +25|
|Leather shield||90||Defense +4|
|Leather hat||65||Defense +2|
|10 gold per person|