List of characters in Dragon Quest VIII
From Dragon Quest Wiki
This is a list of characters in Dragon Quest VIII.
Most of the characters listed here are playable, though some travel with the party either through the game or temporarily.
- Hero: The main character, a guard of Trodain Castle. Has full immunity to all types of curses. The reason for this is revealed in the endgame.
- Yangus: A brigand who joined the team when the hero saved his life.
- Jessica: A young lady out to avenge her brother Alistair who was murdered by Dhoulmagus. Is made into a love interest in the Nintendo 3DS Version.
- Angelo: A delinquent monk who was sent to avenge Abbot Francesco's death.
- Red: A collector of valuables treasures. Was once romantically involved with Yangus. Appears several times throughout the story, and becomes a playable party member in the 3DS Version.
- Morrie: Runs a monster arena and is an optional playable party member in the 3DS Version.
- King Trode: King of Trodain Castle before it was devastated by Dhoulmagus's curse. Was himself cursed by Dhoulmagus to have the form of a troll. Travels with the party but doesn't fight. He is playable when wandering Tryan Gully.
- Princess Medea: Cursed by Dhoulmagus to have the form of a horse. Pulls the wagon. Acts as a love interest to the Hero.
- Munchie: A small rodent that always accompanies the hero on his adventures. Aids the party in battle if The Hero feeds him a particular piece of cheese. During the course of the story, The Hero learns the secret of his pet and friend.
- Ishmahri: Inhabitant of the Moonshadow realm. Briefly joins the party for a while upon dealing with matters in Ascantha.
- Prince Charmles: Prince of the Kingdom of Argonia. The party has to help him during the royal initiation to secure an artifact for their mission.
- Kalderasha: An out-of-work fortune teller.
- Valentina: Adopted daughter of Kalderasha.
- Princess Minnie: Daughter of the Medal King. As her father has grown weak, she takes it upon herself to collect Mini medals from the party and reward them after given a certain amount. Resides in the Medal King's Palace.
- Marcello: Angelo's brother who became Abbot after the previous Abbot's death.
- Clavius: Ruler of the Kingdom of Argonia and father of Prince Charmles
- Dhoulmagus: A thief who stole a cursed staff, then got possessed by Rapthorne.
- Sir Leopold: Pet of the sorcerer Dominico of Arcadia. Another victim possessed by the staff.
- Rhapthorne: A evil demon who is trapped in a staff. Is manipulating events for the purpose of freeing himself.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikia.|