Talk:Dragon Quest Wiki
Not to step on anybody's toes, but wouldn't it be interesting and iconic to have the Slime in this wikia's logo? SpongeBathBill 19:22, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
genau dragon quest ist super!
Your spoiler and navigation templates coding is straightly ripped from Final Fantasy Wikia. Least you could do is refer the history of such templates from the Final Fantasy Wiki to credit the people who worked on them. - Henryacores^ 22:07, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
- If that's the case then I might go and try to tweak those templates some (even though I hardly ever see the spoiler tag since the front page of this wiki gives a spoiler warning). I'll make note of this in the template pages for now, but are you certain the templates originated from Final Fantasy Wiki? When something is borrowed once it doesn't take long for it to get around. Just sayin'. --PantheonSasuke 23:49, November 4, 2009 (UTC)
Who has deleted everything?! T_T
 DQ News
We might wanna hold off on praising the number of articles we have, especially when the vast majority of said articles are duplicates, ehheh heh... ehh... --PantheonSasuke 00:15, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
I fixed it. ha ha. --Pagoda 05:16, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
 Playable Characters Template
Does we need to make a distinction between playable characters and non-playable characters in each Dragon Quest series characters Template?18.104.22.168 20:03, September 29, 2010 (UTC)
 Recent Edit
The most recent edit here, as of this talk edit, placed this bit of text on the main page.
ja:DRAGON QUEST Wiki de: es:
... along with a picture of Sancho. The text was given links pertaining to the ja:DRAGON QUEST, the de:, and the es:, which from what I see, looks like language options (Japanese, Deutsch (sp), English), but I don't think this wiki has those kind of options on it.
So... was there purpose to this edit? Or should it be regarded as gibberish and rolled back? --PantheonSasuke 02:46, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Unless there's going to be a translation of the wiki, it should be removed. Moreover, the home page should be locked to all but administrators to cut down on vandalism. This is how it is done on other wikis and it is a good idea. Otherwise, you'll have what happened to another wiki that shall remain unnamed that had on its homepage Kill all of the (insert pejorative here). --Shinitenshi 03:02, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
 Homepage Redesign
The homepage has been redesigned! I went ahead and took a stab at creating something that is dynamic and interesting based off of the old Dragon Quest Wiki and the existing homepage. Please feel free to give comments and feedback as I am not married to anything about it. Here are a few points to note...
- The Dragon Quest News is pulled from the Dragon's Den RSS feed. I'm sure there is a better way to style it, but I didn't go that far yet.
- I don't have a schedule for how often the featured video will be updated yet.
- I'm not genius when it comes to colors and designs. It would be great if we could find someone to do some design/image work for the wiki. Woodus was generous enough to make the logo. It would be nice to come up with a good color scheme so that everything looks a bit more polished. It can really make the difference when visitors come to the homepage.
--FlyingRagnar 16:00, 2 November 2010 (CDT)
 Independent Wikis
Well now that you are an independent wiki, you'll find out how difficult it is to keep afloat and grow beyond the dedicated core members. I own operate WiKirby and work in NIWA (Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance). We're more than a simple link exchange, sometimes you might need assistance on things beyond the experience of your members. NIWA is meant to bring independent Nintendo wiki editors, staff, and developers together and help one another grow and implement the tools they want. If you guys want to be a part of that, we'll be glad to have a Dragon Quest wiki in. Feel free to browse the wikis listed and you'll see how tight our organization has become. Members of NIWA often contribute to several wikis in the alliance.
Anyway, I recommend reading the NIWA About page to get an understanding of what it is. The forums are there if you want to meet other members, but I hope to hear from people here too. Axiomist 23:56, 24 November 2010 (CST)
Axiomist, my apologies for allowing this to go unanswered for so long. Life happens as I am sure you are aware. I will begin to stir the discussion again on this topic. To be honest, NIWA was something that impressed me when it was founded a year ago. It seems like a really good idea among groups who share some common goals. Thank you for taking the time to share some informative links. --FlyingRagnar 23:41, 12 January 2011 (CST)
 Perhaps it's me... but...
 Error in the main page
- Oopsies. Fixed. --FlyingRagnar 19:12, 6 September 2011 (CDT)
 SEIWA Update
Hey everyone, SEIWA has a new member, so I was wondering a few things:
- could someone add them to the main page?
- please head on over and give them a congrats. Here is the link.
- please update your news thread when you get a chance.
TacoBud 19:50, 21 March 2012 (CDT)
When someone gets a chance, please update the SEIWA box and post news, we have a new member! TacoBud 18:16, 29 June 2012 (CDT)
- Good catch. Fixed. --FlyingRagnar 12:10, 30 March 2012 (CDT)