Re: New Role
Thanks, man, for the designation and well-wishing. Dunno if you got my PM on the boards, but I've been having difficulty getting to some sites on both a regularly basis and, well, ever. The wiki here seems to fall into the former. I have access now, but later I probably won't be able to get to it.
Hope your holidays and New Year went well, man. I'll try to do some things before my connection here fizzles again. --PantheonSasuke 23:36, 10 January 2012 (CST)
 Re: User Rights
Thanks for the info; sorry I've been inactive for so long... So if I understand correctly, the only users who can delete pages are managers and admins? What are the "throw away" e-mail services? zenithian 16:51, 13 January 2012 (CST)
No problem. Glad to help! --Starphoria 15:21, 20 January 2012 (CST)
- I'm going to go ahead and remove File:Placeholder from all articles since that is Wikia's thing, and it's not terribly necessary ATM. I already removed some, but I'm going to go ahead and ask you if it is OK that I do that. --Starphoria 15:46, 20 January 2012 (CST)
- All done. --Starphoria 16:45, 20 January 2012 (CST)
 Starfy Wiki Affiliation
- Sure. --Starphoria 15:11, 23 January 2012 (CST)
 New format of images
I've reuploaded the Dragon Quest VIII sprites, in the new format. I'll go re-upload Dragon Quest IX sprites next, but of course, not for a while. It has been decided that in the new format, we would include only the name of the monster appears in. Does this mean we will be including fan translation names? Etc. DQV SNES Mildrath.gif? --Vzing 09:12, 28 January 2012 (CST)
- Also there may be errors in the file names, but only with names that have a hyphen or apostrophe. Those that do have apostrophes don't have them in the file names. --Vzing 09:15, 28 January 2012 (CST)
- I am now waiting for you to delete all of the Dragon Quest IX sprites in Category:Dragon Quest IX enemy sprites. Also, this time, also delete all redirects redirecting to such images, if such exist. Preferably, I want you to do that to the non-existent Dragon Quest VIII sprites too, but... you don't have too. Thanks in advance --Vzing 06:44, 29 January 2012 (CST)
 Online Business Career Opportunities...or Dragon Quest?
Answer me this:
- When will you delete those images?
- Why did you let those bots in our site?
- Why is Dragon Quest Wiki talking a LONG LONG LONG LONG time to load again? (especially the mobile version)
Probably over chat. --Vzing 13:57, 1 February 2012 (CST)
- Yo, I'm sorry about my attitude, it's my personality ( :D ). I'm not sure if I can do anything about it, but nevertheless, I plan on taking a mini-vacation from the Wiki because I've been hooked on a MMORPG. Again, sorry. --Vzing 19:29, 2 February 2012 (CST)
Do you need certain extensions to get that to work? --Starphoria 20:10, 14 February 2012 (CST)
 Something I've noticed
For some reason, the wiki loads pages fine...until I decide to upload an image. Then, it bogs down to the point that I get so frustrated, I go elsewhere. No other site runs as slow as this one. It takes an eternity for a page to load. This is the reason why I haven't been very active in the last week or so. I still have many images to share, but I find myself giving up in desperation. I know you've been having trouble getting the wiki running smoothly, and was wondering if anyone else has been having a similar problem? Thanks. Sir ISS 07:59, 16 February 2012 (CST)
Besides, spending money on this site (which is just a labor of love, really) would mean less $$$ for games! :) Nobody would expect you to do that, certainly not me. Anyway, playing my first DQM game. Interesting diversion from the main series, I think. Enjoying it so far. Perhaps, I can help with DQM stuff now that I understand them a bit more (scouting, etc.). Take care. Sir ISS 09:28, 17 February 2012 (CST)
Do you have a Skype? I'd like to speak to you about something, but I cannot share it on the wiki, as a random viewer may see it. --Starphoria 16:51, 22 February 2012 (CST)
- Sent you a message on the NIWA Forums. --Starphoria 18:03, 26 February 2012 (CST)
 This wiki
Sorry, I've been inactive, but I've been uploading some official art on the Shining Wiki (if you're interested in this series, I don't know). Hope you've been well. Left you a message at Mana. Sir ISS 10:39, 30 March 2012 (CDT)
 Please Check this out
 Stretch the NIWA Template
Do you think the NIWA Template on the Main Page would look better stretched across the page? Maybe you should see how it looks. The Main Page would look better if it was stretched that way, I think. --Starphoria 17:57, 10 April 2012 (CDT)
 Recent pics
I'm sure you feel this DQ wiki needs some, er...distinction, from "that other one". Well, I'm trying (art-wise, at least) to give it that distinction. I'm happy you're pleased. More to come... Sir ISS 08:45, 2 May 2012 (CDT)
Of course, this is out of the question, but wouldn't it be nice if we could add a watermark to images found nowhere else but here? It's only a matter of time before the rabid Tumblr guys find the images, with no credit as to their source. Been down this road many times before...sigh... Sir ISS 08:24, 13 June 2012 (CDT)
 wiki host
Hello, I am curious about what wiki host this wiki uses, if you can answer please do it on your talk page, as I am not a user here--22.214.171.124 15:24, 14 July 2012 (CDT)
- We use hostgator, but I would not recommend it for anyone else looking to host a wiki. Here is a good discussion of wiki hosts. --FlyingRagnar 12:52, 15 July 2012 (CDT)
I'm going to be back for a day or two hanging out in the wiki doing absolutely nothing :), problem is, I haven't played a Dragon Quest game since... I don't know when. Anything you'll suggest me to do? --Vzing 23:25, 15 July 2012 (CDT)
- I don't remember. How long has it been? --Vzing 09:07, 16 July 2012 (CDT)
- Additionally, go to #SEIWA if you want to talk to me, I probably might be there. --Vzing 09:10, 16 July 2012 (CDT)
 Square and Enix pages on Square Enix Wiki
Hi, doesn't seem that SEW allows new user registration so posting my feedback here...
It was actually Enix that purchased Square, not the other way around. Hope you get it fixed soon.
 How do I make an account here?
I'd like to have an official account, but all I have is the option to log in. 126.96.36.199 03:44, 24 October 2012 (CDT)
 The Lylat Wiki
Hello, FlyingRagnar. I'm RingtailedFox, the assistant administrator at the Lylat Wiki. I'm writing to let you know that we've come back online, but with a different address: http://www.starfoxwiki.info/ . You may wish to check and update any links you had pointing to the old domain. 188.8.131.52 23:10, 30 October 2012 (CDT)
- Fixed. Better late than never! --FlyingRagnar 10:44, 1 December 2012 (CST)
 My absence from the Wiki
I guess it's pretty apparent by now how I'm not really around here anymore. I don't have anything to say for myself other than my interest here just not being what it used to. Chances are I was never up to the task of consistently helping out here like I thought I'd be able to.
I'm sorry for not keeping basically all the promises I made. If the image-renaming project hasn't already been given to someone else than it can be passed along to another. I want to say I was around Dragon Quest VII before I lost track due to computer issues.
If there were any moderator / administrator tools on me, you can remove them if you want. I'm not really around regularly enough to do any moderation / administration things. I might still come by to contribute to articles, though.
And sorry for just screwing up here like I did. Posting this isn't going to change much, but I figured it might be better than just continuing to leave things as I had. --PantheonSasuke 11:26, 6 December 2012 (CST)
 Member of Dragon Quest
Hello I would like to become a member of the Dragon Quest Wiki. I have send you a e-mail that I want to become part of the community too, but I though this way would be quicker. Thank you for your time. 184.108.40.206 06:07, 30 December 2012 (CST)
 Mobile Viewing
Hey FlyingRangar, just so you know, on My Mobile Browser, DQW comes up as a blank page. Not sure if it does for other people. TacoBud 20:29, 17 January 2013 (CST)