Dragon Quest Builders 2
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (ドラゴンクエストビルダーズ２ 破壊神シドーとからっぽの島) is the sequel to the 2016 sandbox game DQB. It was announced at the summer 2017 Dragon Quest festival, along with a brief preview video and a few small details addressed by Yuji Horii.
|Dragon Quest Builders 2|
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch|
|Release date(s)||JP December 20, 2018|
|Genre(s)||Console role-playing game|
|Rating(s)||ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)|
Unlike the first game,which takes place in an alternate reality of the original Dragon Quest, this installment is instead a sequel to Dragon Quest II, in which the remnants of Hargon's cult are attempting to make a comeback by kidnapping and destroying builders. You play as a Builder who washes up on a desert island where you meet a mysterious boy named Malroth. It is up to you and Malroth to survive on the island until rescue arrives.
- The stack-able block limit has been increased by three, making the maximum 64.
- Slopes are now built into the game's physics engine.
- Players can dive into water if jumping from high ground.
- Weapons and hammers are now assigned to separate buttons.
- The ability to dash has been added.
- Farms can be tilled with the help of a friendly Wiggly, who aerates infertile spaces for cultivation.
- Players may now glide from high elevation via the Windbreaker cape.
- Vehicular transportation is possible with a car designed after an Army ant.
- The player can warp anywhere on an island, provided he or she had already been there once.
- Multiplayer has been implemented to allow up to four players.
- Animals are present for villages.
- Waterfalls are now present; this is due to player requests from the first game.