||Dragon Quest III
Olivia's Promontory is a strip of land that boarders the inland sea between Romaria and western mountain chain in Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation.
The promontory is the site where Olivia threw herself into the ocean out of despair upon hearing of the death of her beloved Eric. Her ghost haunts the site of her suicide, with any passing ships causing her misery as they remind her of the fate of her lover, sending all vessels away with an unseen force that prevents the player from reaching the Shrine of Shackles.
A small inn sits atop the promontory, with a teleportal connecting the site to the Teleportal Shrine and the Wayfarer's Chapel. Room and board costs four gold, and a troubadour sings a sad song explaining the fates of the lost lovers.
"Oh, Olivia fraught at the fate of her beau...
- Who was swept up and drowned in a storm, don't you know...
- In the ocean right here did her fair young self throw!
- But the peace of the grave, it was not to be her's
- Nay, for when a ship passe, her spirit it stirs...
- And it's passage beyond this here point it deters!
- If only a Savior would come here and show...
- Her a mark of their love that she might come to know...
- That her promised, her Eric, he still loves her sooo!
- Then perhaps her poor spirit might know peace at last...
- And her soul to the heavenly realm perhaps pass...
- But to whom might we entrust this perilous taaask?
- For, if seafarer's stories are to be believed...
- Eric's vessel yet wanders the cold, lonely seas...
- A ghost ship borne on an ethereal breeeeze!"
Treasure (remakes only)
- ↑ Name given when Storeyteller is used in the Cell phone version.