A Draconian Quest is an optional in-game feature in Dragon Quest XI. There are 8 Draconian Quests in total, and they all add restrictions to the core gameplay that makes the adventure significantly harder. Draconian Quests are available from the start of the game, however trying a Draconian Quest on a first playthrough is not recommended. Completing a Draconian Quest earns the player a star next to their save file.
List of Draconian Quests
There are 8 Draconian Quests in total. Draconian Quests can be removed but not added back, requiring the player to start a new file if they want to try again.
- No Fleeing from Battle - The party cannot run away from fights.
- No Shopping - Items and equipment cannot be purchased from shops.
- No armour - Armor cannot be equipped.
- Reduced Experience from Easy Fights - Enemies that are way weaker than the party give little to no experience (though they still drop items).
- All Enemies Are Super Strong - All Enemies are way stronger than normal.
- Shypox/Super Shypox - The Hero and other party members will sometimes do things out of the player's control, such as: recalling an embarrassing memory that makes them lose their turn or not being able to talk to NPCs.
- Townsfolk Talk Tripe - Sometimes NPCs will tell complete lies and non-sequiturs (none of the lies are relevant or affect actual gameplay however.)
- Party Wiped Out if Protagonist Perishes - If the Hero falls in the battle, the party instantly loses the battle and the player is sent back to the title screen.