List of guts skills in Dragon Quest IX
Guts skills are learned via the Gladiator class.
A stinging slap across the face that deals an extra 20% damage. Costs 1 MP to use and 10 skill points to learn.
Lowers defense a little (one level) to increase attack a lot (two levels). The positive boost lasts for 6~9 turns, while the impediment last for 7~10. This stance requires 22 skill points to master.
Deals a high powered attack that inflicts 50% more damage to a foe, and 25% recoil on the user. Warning: A highly tensioned character can easily kill themselves with this attack. This dangerous maneuver requires 42 skill points to master.
Devastates a single, randomly chosen enemy for 50% more damage. Costs 4 MP to use and 68 skill points to master.
User's tension will increase every time they're attacked. The technique lasts for 5~8 turns, requires 6 MP to use, and 100 skill points to master.
Fully maximizing the Guts skill tree will grant the following permanent bonuses for the character:
- +10 Hp when 4 skill points are invested.
- +10 Strength when 16 skill points are invested.
- +20 HP when 32 skill points are invested.
- +30 Strength when 55 skill points are invested.
- +30 HP when 82 skill points are invested.
- With the 'Gladiator's Guide' in inventory, a character has a chance of attack twice per round.