Dragon Quest Monsters 1·2
|Dragon Quest Monsters 1·2|
|Series||Dragon Quest Monsters|
|Release date(s)||JP 30 May 2002|
|Mode(s)||Single player, 2 players|
Dragon Quest Monsters 1·2, fully titled Dragon Quest Monsters 1·2: Hoshi Furi no Yusha to Bokujo no Nakama-tachi (ドラゴンクエストモンスターズ1・2 星降りの勇者と牧場の仲間たち, translated as Dragon Quest Monsters 1·2: The Stars-descended Hero and the Ranch Companions) is a compilation and a remake of Dragon Warrior Monsters and Dragon Warrior Monsters 2.
Dragon Quest Monsters 1+2 collects the Game Boy Color games Dragon Warrior Monsters and Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 in a single CD. The games aren't simple ports. They are full remakes with new graphics and audio, as well as other improvements and additions.
The more relevant changes are the following:
- The water monsters introduced in DQM2 have been added to the first game, along with the water skills and resistance flag.
- The originally hidden monsters of each version, Ramia, Dimensional dragon and Kagebou, are available in all games.
- A new combination pattern and the new hidden monster Zoma's devil was added.
- Buff and debuff effects now wear off after a few turns.
- Instead of using a Link Cable to compete against another player, this version allows the usage of different Memory Cards to read the data.
- The Cell phone port of the games can link the PS1 Version by using a password system, which allows players to raise monsters in either version and transfer them to the other one.
- Combinations of monsters are different from the originals, many of which are not available in the originals.
- In Dragon Warrior Monsters, several special rooms in the original version no longer appear in the PS1 Version.
- In Dragon Warrior Monsters 2, the keys that appeared after the ending no longer do so.
- The music in some scenes has been changed and the game features new background music for castles, middle boss battles, and the final boss battle in Monsters 2.
- DQMI&II is the only numbered Monsters game that has not appeared on Nintendo hardware.