List of focus skills in Dragon Quest IX
Focus skills are learned via the Martial Artist class.
A battle cry that paralyzes a group of enemies with fear. This prevents them from taking their next turn (similar to Pratfall). Requires 4 skill points to learn.
Boosts your own tension by one level. Requires 16 skill points to learn.
Removes negative status changes from user. Costs 2 MP to use and 32 skill points to learn.
Heals self for 80~90 HP. Costs 3 MP to use, making it slightly more cost efficient than a weak Midheal. Requires 82 skill points to learn.
Fully maximizing the Focus skill tree will grant the following permanent bonuses for the character:
- +10 Agility when 10 skill points are invested.
- +10 Strength when 22 skill points are invested.
- +30 HP when 42 skill points are invested.
- +30 Agility when 68 skill points are invested.
- +60 Agility when the skill tree is fully mastered.