Dragon Quest X Offline
|Main series games|
|Dragon Quest X: Awakening of the Five Tribes Offline|
|Series||Dragon Quest series|
Sony PlayStation 4
Sony PlayStation 5
|Release date(s)||September 15th, 2022 (Japan)|
|Genre(s)||Console role-playing game|
Dragon Quest X: Awakening of the Five Tribes Offline (ドラゴンクエストX 目覚めし五つの種族 オフライン, Doragon Kuesuto X Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Ofurain) is a single-player standalone version of Dragon Quest X. It was announced on May 27th, 2021 on the series' 35th anniversary in a YouTube livestream. On October 3rd, 2021, the game's release date of February 26, 2022 was announced at that year's Tokyo Game Show, but it was later delayed until September 15th, 2022. A demo released in Japan on October 28, 2022.
The first expansion of the online game, The Sleeping Hero and the Guided Allies is set to be included in the game at a later date as well as paid downloadable content. This offline remake will be released in two editions: a normal edition only containing the base game, and a special edition containing both the base game and its expansion.
The gameplay is changed from the online version's "action interruption" system to the more traditional turn-based command battle system from other Dragon Quest games. The player will be able to customize the appearance of the protagonist in their human form and their sibling, as well as the race they choose to reincarnate into. There are six basic vocations available to the protagonist at the beginning of the game: Warrior, Priest, Mage, Thief, Martial Artist, and Minstrel. The player will be able to unlock advanced vocations as they advance through the story and clear special quests.
There are five characters from the online version that will join the protagonist's party, one from each of the five races in the game. The player is able to have three of these companions in the party at once and can swap them out at any time. The five characters are:
- Mjoll, a young Ogre martial artist from the snowy Rangao Village.
- Raguas, the fainthearted Poppet prince of the Megistris Kingdom.
- Fuura, an Elf maiden from the wind town of Azlan.
- Hussar, a young Wetling man who grew up in an orphanage.
- Duston, a Dwarf who likes collecting junk.
Other characters might join the group temporarily, and under AI control.
Other differences with Dragon Quest X Online
- The graphics for the game are super deformed. The characters have smaller bodies and bigger heads, and the colors are overall more saturated.
- Due to the graphical change, the maps have been altered too. They are smaller than their X Online counterparts, to make traversal easier for the players.
- The game's cutscenes feature voice acting, which debuted starting in Version 5 of the online game.
- Now characters can unlock skills and other perks via skill panels similar to those in XI.
- There are sets of outfits that change the appearance of the party members, like in Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition.
- After beating the game, players will be able to carry over their data to the Online version with a Spell of Restoration and start with a level 70 character in the vocation they played as in Offline.