|Old localizations||Bow gun|
|Found in||Dragon Quest V|
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest Heroes
The Great Bow is a recurring weapon in the Dragon Quest franchise. The weapon was depicted as a colossal crossbow in past games, but as of VIII the great bow has since been redesigned as a traditional longbow.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
- 1.2 Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- 1.3 Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- 1.4 Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- 1.5 Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
- 1.6 Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- 2 Gallery
Great bows can be bought in Greedmore Valley for 37,000 gold and sold for 27,750 gold. They have attack bonuses of +110 and Style bonuses of +25. Great bows can also be upgraded for 20,000 gold to have an increased Style bonus of +65. Once the bow has been upgraded, it will sell for 31,500 gold. Carver, Terry, and Goowain can equip them.
The great bow has an attack bonus of +110 and a style bonus of +25. It can be purchased for 37,000 gold but only from the Premium Bazaar final evolution of the Immigrant Town in the original Sony PlayStation version of the game and can be sold for 18,500 gold. The Hero and Aishe can equip it, as well as Kiefer, but it is not possible through normal means to obtain one early enough in the game.
- In the Nintendo 3DS version of the game, the great bow can only be acquired as a normal drop from Lumberdraks or an Überkilling machine as a boss by accessing some of the DLC Tablets. Kiefer loses the ability to equip it.
The great bow has an attack bonus of +95 and can only be equipped by Angelo. It can be purchased for 28,000 gold in Tryan Gully and sold for 14,000 gold. The great bow can also be used to make the Odin's bow, the strongest bow in the game, by combining it with Cheiron's bow and Eros' bow in the Alchemy Pot.
|Equipable by||Armamentalists, Rangers, Sages, Omnivocational Bowmaster|
|Found||Sold in Upover|
|Flavor text||A big bow built to fire brawny bolts.|
|Notes||Upgrades into the Purblind bow when combined with Mystifying mixture x 1 & Enchanted stone x 3|
The great bow has an attack bonus of +95 and a defence bonus of +25. It can be purchased for 28,000 gold, sold for 14,000 gold, and can only be equipped by Bianca. It can only be purchased in the postgame.
The great bow as featured in the Dragon Quest Legend Items Gallery