|Game||Dragon Quest IV|
Lakanaba is a town in Dragon Quest IV, Torneko's hometown and the starting point of Chapter 3. Torneko lives here with his wife and child, working part-time at the local weapons shop until he has earned enough capital to leave and open his own business. Far to the north of Endor, it is located across a narrow channel to the east of Vrenor.
Other known residents
- Tessie- Torneko's wife. Moves with him to Endor later in Chapter 3.
- Tipper- Torneko's son. Moves with him to Endor later in Chapter 3.
- Old Man Finnegan (Grandpa Tom in the NES Version)- Awaits his son to return to town. In Chapter 3, he will pay Torneko a small amount of Gold to take him to the church.
- Finn- Returns to town after Torneko gets him out of Ballymoral's jail, and loans him Fido (his dog). In Chapter 5 and 6, he is given Torneko's former house by Tessie and works in the Weapon Shop. He is also married to the nun from the town's church.
- Packed lunch prepared daily by Tessie
- Antidotal herb (PlayStation and Nintendo DS Version only)
- Leather hat (PlayStation and Nintendo DS Version only)
- Leather shield (PlayStation and Nintendo DS Version only)
- Medicinal herb
- Seed of strength (Chapter 5-6)
- Chain sickle (Chapter 5-6)
- Icicle dirk (Chapter 5-6)
- 8 Gold Coin (PlayStation and Nintendo DS Version only)
|Wayfarer's clothes||70||Defense +4|
|Leather armour||180||Defense +12|
|Chain mail||350||Defense +18|
|Bronze armour||700||Defense +25|
|Leather shield||90||Defense +4|
|Leather hat||65||Defense +2|
|10 gold per person|