|Romaji||Midori no koke|
|Found in||Dragon Quest IX|
Dragon Quest X
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
Emerald moss is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a verdant ball of moss that is used as a crafting ingredient.
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Emerald moss can be collected at the Urdus Marshland and Western Wormwood or found randomly in the fountain at Quester's Rest if the player's inn has been fully upgraded. Lleviathan drops one and it can be dropped by Green dragons and Salamarauders. Emerald moss can be sold for 40 gold coins.
It can be used in the following alchemy recipes:
- Recipe: Tortoise shell = Iron cuirass + Tortoiseshell + Emerald moss
- Recipe: Tortoiseshell armour = Tortoise shell + Tortoiseshell x2 + Emerald moss x2
- Recipe: Green tights = Pop socks + Emerald moss x4
- Recipe: Elfin charm = Holy talisman + Elfin elixir + Emerald moss x3
Dragon Quest X
Emerald moss is used as an ingredient for crafting weapons, armour, and furniture or in Alchemy to increase resistance against confusion. It can be purchased from a material store for 140 gold each, picked up from sparkly spots, or dropped by certain monsters such as Medislimes.
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
Emerald moss can be dropped by Bubble slimes and Healslimes, found randomly in barrels and treasure chests on the Stonecloud, received from King Flaminio in exchange for three Mini medals on the Stonecloud, or received as a reward for completing the Grudge Match: Devilish Duo with silver clear time. It can be sold for 16 gold coins each. Emerald moss can be used in the quick recipes for the Prayer ring and Endure ring in the Alchemy Pot. Three clumps of emerald moss, along with two urns of Royal soil are required to complete Quest #30: Ideal Garden Expedition.
Dragon Quest Treasures
Emerald moss can be collected from mushrooms on the Paternoggin and the Hinterquarters or received by sending a dispatch team to the Bitterbutte Bottom or Glacier Junction Areas of the Hinterquarters. It is used for making drinks at the canteen, crafting pellets at the Werks, or for scouting monsters.
- Recipe: Detox draught = Slimedrop x3 + Emerald moss x3 + Secret seasoning x3 +
- Recipe: Double detox draught = Slimedrop x6 + Emerald moss x6 + Secret seasoning x6 + Pixie dust x2
- Recipe: Syrupy serum = Nectar x3 + Emerald moss x3 + Waveweed x3 + Wingtip nectar x3
- Recipe: Sweetened syrupy serum = Nectar x6 + Emerald moss x6 + Waveweed x6 + Wingtip nectar x6 + Looking grass x2
- Recipe: Tox pellet x10 = Princely powder x3 + Densinium x2 + Emerald moss x3
|A vividly verdant piece of vegetation. Alchemise it!|
|A vivdly verdant mass of moist moss.|
|A shaggy mound of soft moss. Used mainly to make pellets. Mostly found on the Paternoggin and the Hinterquarters.|
In Other Languages
|Español||Musgo esmeralda||Spanish for "emerald moss".|
|Français||Mousse émeraude||French for "emerald moss".|
|Deutsch||Smaragdmoos||German for "emerald moss".|
|Italiano||Muschio verde||Italian for "green moss".|