|The wiki will be moving to a new host in the near future. No content will be lost during the transition. The wiki will be put into read only mode in October 2022 to facilitate the move. Discuss this more on the official Discord channel.|
|Found in||Dragon Quest III|
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest XI
The Silver Orb is a key item in Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation. It is one of the Six Orbs hidden throughout the worlds they appear in, and are required to drive the plot forward in most appearances.
In order to receive the orb from the man at the Necrogond Shrine, the heroes must first throw the Mountaincleaver into the volcano. This opens the path to the Maw of the Necrogond. After passing through the cave, the party can arrive at the shrine. The orb is required to hatch Ramia.
Due to the requirements needed to reach the shrine, and the powerful monsters in and around the Maw, the Silver Orb is designed to be the final orb obtained in a normal playthrough. Getting the Silver Orb is actually the longest subquest in Dragon Quest III aside from collecting all six orbs to get Ramia.
- Retrieve Ra's Mirror from Manoza Cave.
- Visit Manoza at night and defeat Boss troll, receive Mod Rod
- Visit Greenlad and exchange staff for Boatman's Bone.
- Track down the Phantom Ship and retrieve the Locket of Love.
- Use locket to enter the Shrine of Shackles.
- Search Eric's corpse to find the Mountaincleaver.
- Throw the sword into the volcano west of Baharata.
- Travel across the filled river to Maw of the Necrogond.
- Complete the cave and visit the Necrogond Shrine.
A Silver Orb unrelated to the legendary six appears as one of the power sources for the flight mechanism of Zenithia castle. Unlike the Gold Orb, it remained intact in the core of the castle when it sank.
- A ridiculously rare orb of sparkling silver. Alchemise it! - Dragon Quest IX game description
The Silver Orb reappears in Dragon Quest IX as a very exotic alchemy ingredient, used for some of the highest alchemy recipes. It is a rare drop from the Baramos, Zoma, and (at a certain level range) Nokturnus legacy bosses.
The Silver Orb was taken by a bird monster to the Eerie Eyrie. Hints about this are given by a handful of NPCs in different areas. At the top of the Eerie Eyrie, the Hero and party must fight three Elysium birds. When the birds are defeated, a treasure chest appears; the Orb can be found inside.