|Romanji||Sei-fū no tani chihō|
|Game||Dragon Quest VII|
Aeolus Vale (formerly Gorges) is a town located on an island far to the southwest of Estard Island, built on both sides of a deep and windy valley.
When the party arrives in Aeolus Vale, they meet a winged humanoid, and are surprised to discover that she can fly. She states that she belongs to the Cirrus tribe, who was given the gift of flight from the Wind Spirit. However, they meet a little girl named Fidelia, who has no wings of her own, being bullied by a group of boys. The party scares the boys off when they approach and find out that Fidelia is the adopted daughter of the Praetor, the leader of the town, explaining why she doesn't have wings like the other Cirrus. At the Praetor's home, he is in a deep argument with an older woman over the merits of the Sacred stone, which allow the people of the Cirrus to fly whenever they please as it provides limitless wind. The older woman, who is actually the Praetor's mother, states that the Cirrus have become too reliant on the stone and that they never needed it to fly before, as they were able to fly whenever the breeze would allow them to. The Preator believes that the Cirrus are in turmoil and is trying to gather a band of warriors to reclaim the stone, which has been lost to monsters in the Sullied Sanctum. He asks the party if they can journey to the sanctum for him and retrieve the stone by defeating the monsters within.
Shops & Services
|Price per person|
|50 Gold Coins|
Other notable attributes
- Well wisher (1 in the Custodians' Camp)
(After the Demon King's resurrection)
- Aeolus Vale - The village of the Cirrus people.
- Custodians' Camp (originally Guardian Village) - Camp found along the path from the north exit of Aeolus Vale. It's non-existent in the present.
- Sullied Sanctum
- Sanctum of the Cirrus
- Ventus Tower
- Praetor (originally Pendragon) - The leader of the Cirrus.
- Fidelia (originally Firia) - The Praetor's daughter, who was mysteriously born without wings unlike the rest of her tribe.
- Serafina (originally Sefana)
- Porcus (originally Lunta) - Pet pig belonging to a present day woman in Aeolus Vale.
Aeolus is the name of the ruler of the winds in Greek mythology.