|Romaji||Mahō no jumoku|
|Found in||Dragon Quest X|
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Twin Kings and the Prophecy's End
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
The spellbound bough is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a branch taken from a tree packed with magic power that is used as a crafting ingredient.
Spellbound boughs are used extensively as a woodworking ingredient for crafting weapons. They can be picked up from sparkly spots.
Spellbound boughs can be received from sparkly spots in the First Forest, the Manglegrove in the second act, Mount Pang Lai, and the Gallopolis Whale Way Station or dropped by Jowlers, Magic marionettes, Fruity succubats, and Stump champs. The spellbound bough is used in the following recipes for the Fun-Size Forge:
- Recipe: Magic shield = Platinum ore + Spellbound bough + Blue eye
- Recipe: Magic armour = Platinum ore x2 + Spellbound bough x2 + Blue eye x2
- Recipe: Lightning conductor = Spellbound bough x2 + Thunderball + Enchanted stone
- Recipe: Metal goomerang = Molten globules + Slimedrop + Spellbound bough x2 + Toad oil x2
- Recipe: Full fathom fork = Densinium x3 + Crimson coral x2 + Rippledrops + Spellbound bough x2
- Recipe: Supreme sage's staff = Wyrmwood x3 + Spellbound bough x2 + Sage's elixir + Thinkincense x2
- Recipe: Shining staff = Bright staff + Agate of evolution + Spellbound bough + Brighten rock
- Recipe: Brilliant staff = Shining staff + Agate of evolution x2 + Spellbound bough x2 + Brighten rock x2 + Savvy sapphire
- Recipe: Aurora staff = Brilliant staff + Über agate of evolution + Spellbound bough x3 + Brighten rock x3 + Black tear
Spellbound boughs can be dropped by Minidemons, Man o' wars, and Brownies or exchanged for mini medals. It can be sold for 350 gold. The boughs can be used for create Mirror rings or in the classic recipe for the Papillon pendant in the Alchemy Pot. Spellbound boughs are required to complete Quest #079: Maps to the Max 4, Quest #080: Maps to the Max 5, and Quest #082: Take a Bough.
|The branch of an enchanted tree that pulses with magic.|
- Sony PlayStation 4 and Steam versions.