|Romaji||Yami no namida|
|Found in||Dragon Quest XI|
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
Black tear is an item that appears exclusively in Dragon Quest XI. It is a teardrop-shaped gemstone filled with darkness that is used as a crafting material for rare and powerful pieces of equipment.
|A stygian stone so black it sucks in all the light around it.|
Black tear can be received from Krystalinda by transforming a Serpent's soul at Sniflheim Castle's throne room in the postgame. This is the only way to acquire one in the original 3D versions of the game. In the Nintendo 3DS and 2D modes of the Definitive Edition of the game, it can also be dropped rarely by Hellbound heretics. It can be sold for 2,500 gold, but it is not recommended to do so as it is hard to acquire.
- Recipe: Legate's blade = Densinium x2 + Orichalcum + Goobricant x3 + Black tear
- Recipe: Dark robe = Faerie fluff x3 + Lambswool x3 + Evencloth x3 + Slipweed x3 + Black tear
- Recipe: Timeshear = Dracolyte x3 + Chronocrystal x2 + Cumulonimbough x3 + Wakerobin x3 + Black tear x2
- Recipe: Hellbeast's leash = Orichalcum x2 + Crimsonite x2 + Chronocrystal + Gold bar + Black tear
- Recipe: Galaxarang = Stellarang + Über agate of evolution + Thunderball x3 + Lucida shard x3 + Black tear
- Recipe: Aurora staff = Brilliant staff + Über agate of evolution + Spellbound bough x3 + Brighten rock x3 + Black tear
- Recipe: Über Gringham whip = Giga Gringham whip + Wyrmwood x3 + Dragon hide x3 + Black tear
In Other Languages
- Sony PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions.