|Romaji||Toki no suishō|
|Found in||Dragon Quest IX|
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
The Chronocrystal is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a crystal formed over eons that is used as a crafting ingredient.
Chronocrystal can be purchased for 50,000 gold each from item shop at the Lonely Coast, which requires Sterling's whistle to access. It could also be purchased for a lower price from the DQVC when it was still available during New Year's Sale, Alchaid Week 4, and Orbsome. One chronocrystal can be found in a treasure chest on 6F of the Tower of Nod and another can be received as a reward for the first-time completion of Quest #173: Plum Duffer.
Although it is only used in a single alchemy recipe, the player will eventually have to acquire many chronocrystals as agates of evolution are used extensively in the Krak Pot for making the rarest and most powerful pieces of equipment.
|Item||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3|
Agate of evolution
Sainted soma x2
Ethereal stone x2
Chronocrystal is used as an ingredient for crafting weapons and armour. It can be purchased from some material stores for 6,000 gold each, received by exchanging Mini medals, or dropped by certain monsters such as Belials, Crimson killing machines, and Emperor slimes.
Chronocrystal can be purchased for 8,000 gold each from the item shop at Cobblestone* during the postgame or picked up from sparkly spots at the Tower of Lost Time and the Citadel of Spite in the postgame. Chronocrystals can be found in treasure chests at the Battleground, the Fortress of Fear, as well as Sniflheim and the Manglegrove - Whale Way Station (both requiring the Ultimate key to access). A chronocrystal is received as a reward for completing Quest #32: One Last Request. After the player has filled out the album de médailles at L'Académie de Notre Maitre des Médailles, chronocrystals can be received in exchange for 2 Mini medals each. It can also be dropped by Type G0s, Glacial golems, Hoopermen, and Crimson killing machines.
- Recipe: Caligae of clarity = Magic beast hide x3 + Chronocrystal + Dieamend x3
- Recipe: Spring breeze hat = Colourful cocoon x2 + Chronocrystal + Equable emerald + Faerie fluff x3 + Cherry blossom petal x2
- Recipe: Summer cloud hat = Colourful cocoon x2 + Chronocrystal + Savvy sapphire + Faerie fluff x3 + Waveweed x2
- Recipe: Autumn shower hat = Colourful cocoon x2 + Chronocrystal + Sunny citrine + Faerie fluff x3 + Cumulonimbough x2
- Recipe: Winter sky hat = Colourful cocoon x2 + Chronocrystal + Artful amethyst + Faerie fluff x3 + Permasnow x2
- Recipe: Crown of eternity = Kaleidocloth + Cumulonimbough x2 + Permasnow x2 + Chronocrystal x2
- Recipe: Gown of eternity = Kaleidocloth + Cumulonimbough x2 + Red wood x2 + Pale pearl x3 + Chronocrystal x2
- Recipe: Sceptre of Time = Rusty sceptre + Chronocrystal x3 + Über agate of evolution + Spectralite + Cumulonimbough x2
- Recipe: Timeshear = Dracolyte x3 + Chronocrystal x2 + Cumulonimbough x3 + Wakerobin x3 + Black tear x2
- Recipe: Staff of eternity = Cumulonimbough x2 + Chronocrystal x2 + Crimsonite + Serpent's soul + Sparkly sap
- Recipe: Hellbeast's leash = Orichalcum x2 + Crimsonite x2 + Chronocrystal + Gold bar + Black tear
- Recipe: Kairos cleaver = Mythril ore x3 + Chronocrystal + Crimsonite x2 + Slipweed x3 + Sunny citrine x2
- Recipe: Soul sucker = Orichalcum x2 + Crimsonite + Über agate of evolution + Snakeskin x3 + Chronocrystal x2
Chronocrystals can be dropped by Roseguardins and Pazuzus or received from King Flaminio in exchange for 8 Mini medals each on the Stonecloud. It can be used to create Meteorite bracers or the classic recipe for the Mighty armlet in the Alchemy Pot or sold for 1,200 gold coins.
|A crystal formed over countless millennia. Alchemise it!|
|A crystal created over countless millennia.|
In Other Languages
- Nintendo DS version.
- Sony PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions.