|Found in||Dragon Quest XI|
Dragon Quest Treasures
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
Crimsonite is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a rare and incredibly strong red-hued metal that is used as a crafting ingredient.
|A strangely strong metal that's as scarlet as the centre of the sun.|
Crimsonite is received as a reward for a repeat win in the Black Cup of Gallopolis's horse race, with two pieces being rewarded for winning on Difficult. Crimsonite can also be received from Krystalinda in exchange for a Serpent's soul in the postgame. In the Definitive Edition of the game, one piece of crimsonite is received as a reward for completing the quest For Eliza. It can be sold for 2,500 gold.
- Recipe: Xenlon hair ring = Gold bar x2 + Spectralite + Serpent's soul + Saint's ashes x2
- Recipe: Orichalcum claws = Orichalcum x2 + Lamplight x3 + Crimsonite x2 + Serpent bone
- Recipe: Apollo's crown = Slime crown + Fire ball x2 + Spectralite + Technicolour dreamcloth + Crimsonite
- Recipe: Tiara tremendisima = Gold bar x2 + Spectralite + Lucida shard x2 + Crimsonite + Love potion x3
- Recipe: Heavenly helm = Dracolyte x3 + Thinkincense x3 + Artful amethyst x2 + Crimsonite + Saint's ashes x2
- Recipe: Legendary armour = Dracolyte x3 + Angel bell x3 + Royal ruby x2 + Crimsonite + Sainted soma x2
- Recipe: Shamshir of light = Brighten rock + Glimmergrass x2 + Sparkly sap x3 + Dracolyte + Crimsonite
- Recipe: El Stupendo = Orichalcum + Gold bar + Crimsonite + Buzzberries x3 + Cherry blossom petal x3
- Recipe: Staff of eternity = Cumulonimbough x2 + Chronocrystal x2 + Crimsonite + Serpent's soul + Sparkly sap
- Recipe: Heaven's talon = Orichalcum x2 + Crimsonite + Serpent's soul + Saint's ashes + Red wood x2
- Recipe: Hellbeast's leash = Orichalcum x2 + Crimsonite x2 + Chronocrystal + Gold bar + Black tear
- Recipe: Kairos cleaver = Mythril ore x3 + Chronocrystal + Crimsonite x2 + Slipweed x3 + Sunny citrine x2
- Recipe: Soul sucker = Orichalcum x2 + Crimsonite + Über agate of evolution + Snakeskin x3 + Chronocrystal x2
- Recipe: Supreme Sword of Light = Sword of Light + Sword of Kings + Crimsonite x2 + Über agate of evolution x2 + Spectralite x2
- Recipe: Hypernova sword = Supernova sword + Über agate of evolution + Evencloth x3 + Lucida shard x3 + Crimsonite
- Recipe: Dynamo dagger = Dashing dagger + Über agate of evolution + Slipweed x3 + Gold nuglet x3 + Crimsonite
- Recipe: Split-pot poker = Stud poker + Über agate of evolution + Wyrmwood x3 + Dragon horn x3 + Crimsonite
- Recipe: Xenlon claws = Dragovian lord claws + Über agate of evolution x3 + Ethereal stone x3 + Dragon horn x3 + Crimsonite
- Recipe: Galaxy axe = Climaxe + Über agate of evolution + Densinium x3 + Wyrmwood x3 + Crimsonite
Crimsonite can be collected from red crystals on Cinderback Ridge, but only those located in the Lumbar Lavalands area. It can occasionally received by a sending a dispatch team to the Redscale Rise area of Cinderback Ridge, as well. It can be sold for 2,500 gold.
Crimsonite is used for crafting high-end pellets at the Werks or for scouting monsters:
- Recipe: Better buddy bullet = Princely powder x5 + Slime crown x5 + Faerie fluff x3 + Crimsonite x2 + Agate of evolution
- Recipe: Best buddy bullet = Princely powder x10 + Slime crown x10 + Faerie fluff x5 + Crimsonite x5 + Über agate of evolution x3
In Other Languages
Crimsonite's Japanese name Hihīrokane (緋々色金) refers to a legendary metal or alloy that supposedly existed in ancient Japan.It is said to be lighter than gold, but harder than diamond and is said to never rust. Many important objects were supposedly made from hihīrokane, including the Imperial Regalia of Japan. It has been featured in various pieces of fiction, such as anime, manga, and video games, as a rare and powerful metal akin to orichalcum.
- Sony PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions.
- Article on Japanese Wikipedia