|Found in||Dragon Quest X|
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
The Royal ruby, or just Ruby in certain titles, is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a beautiful crimson-colored jewel that is used as a crafting ingredient.
Dragon Quest X
Royal ruby is used as an ingredient for crafting equipment. It can be received as a quest reward, found in blue treasure chests and dungeons, and dropped by various monsters such as Clawcerers, Drackolytes, and Rockbombs.
Dragon Quest XI
Royal rubies can be purchased from L'Académie de Notre Maitre des Médailles for 2,000 gold, received from sparkly spots at the Battleground and the Fortress of Fear, or dropped by various monsters including Bloody hands, Chasmonauts, Face invaders, Flamethrowers, Goobonces, Lobster mobsters, Malicious eggsoskeletons, and Runny eggsoskeletons. The royal ruby is used the following recipes for the Fun-Size Forge:
- Recipe: Red dragon rod = Fire wood x2 + Dragon hide x2 + Royal ruby + Lava lump x2
- Recipe: Wyrmwand = Fire wood x2 + Royal ruby x2 + Dragon horn x2 + Sparkly sap x2
- Recipe: Queen's robe = Silkblossom x3 + Ethereal stone + Royal ruby
- Recipe: Pallium regale = Technicolour dreamcloth x2 + Fire ball + Royal ruby x2 + Equable emerald
- Recipe: Tiara tremenda = Gold ore x2 + Royal ruby + Belle cap x2 + Love potion x3
- Recipe: Glad rags = Slipweed x2 + Royal ruby + Lambswool x2 + Love potion x3
- Recipe: Cinderblock earrings = Gold nuglet + Royal ruby + Sunny citrine + Glass frit
- Recipe: Empress's robe = Silkblossom x3 + Ethereal stone x2 + Royal ruby x2 + Colourful cocoon x2
- Recipe: Mighty armlet = Mythril ore x2 + Royal ruby x2 + Finessence x2
- Recipe: Swindler king's scarf = Technicolour dreamcloth x2 + Gold nuglet + Royal ruby x2 + Slipweed x2
- Recipe: Inferno blade = Lava lump x2 + Rockbomb shard x2 + Royal ruby + Densinium x2
- Recipe: Flame tang = Lava lump + Crimson coral x3 + Royal ruby + Densinium x2
- Recipe: Banefire boomerang = Lava lump x3 + Lamplight x3 + Royal ruby + Densinium
- Recipe: Combusticlaws = Lava lump x2 + Warmaline x3 + Rockbomb shard x3 + Royal ruby
- Recipe: Crimson robe = Lava lump x3 + Fire wood x3 + Magic water x2 + Royal ruby
- Recipe: Yggdrasil crown = Slime crown + Royal ruby + Gold nuglet x2 + Yggdrasil leaf
- Recipe: Yggdrasil dress coat = Silkblossom x3 + Gold bar + Glimmergrass x2 + Royal ruby
- Recipe: Suave scarf = Colourful cocoon x2 + Buzzberries x2 + Royal ruby x2 + Sparkly sap x2
- Recipe: Catholicon ring = Gold bar + Perfect panacea x3 + Royal ruby x2 + Red wood x3
- Recipe: Legendary armour = Dracolyte x3 + Angel bell x3 + Royal ruby x2 + Crimsonite + Sainted soma x2
- Recipe: Hunter's moon = Gold bar x2 + Lucida shard x3 + Lunaria x3 + Royal ruby x2 + Spectralite
- Recipe: Stud poker = Straight poker + Agate of evolution x2 + Wyrmwood x2 + Dragon horn x2 + Royal ruby
- Recipe: Dragovian lord claws = Dragonlord claws + Agate of evolution x2 + Ethereal stone x2 + Dragon horn x2 + Royal ruby
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
Royal rubies can be dropped by Bomboulders, Canniboxes, Goodybags, King cureslimes, or exchanged for mini medals. It can be sold for 300 gold and can be used to create Raging rubies and Rubies of protection in the Alchemy Pot. Two royal rubies are required to complete Quest #70: A Birthday Behest.
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Twin Kings and the Prophecy's End
Royal rubies are used as an ingredient to improve various accessories. They can be dropped by Bodkin bloodbows, Bomboulders, Goodybags, and Lethal armours.
Dragon Quest Builders
Rubies are a raw material obtained from breaking ruby vein blocks, which can be found through all chapters and even in free mode. The ruby vein blocks can be found in the Damdara Desert, Rockbomb Ravine, the Ancient Palace, the Holy Sanctum, the Bleak and Burning Badlands, the Island of Lava, Patchwork Island and in Terra Australis, Orientalis, and Borealis.
Rubies are used to make Naughty night lights, Auroral armours, Hero’s shields, gourmand’s girdles, rings of criticality, and strength rings.
Dragon Quest Tact
Royal ruby appears as a material used for ranking up units.
|A radiant red rock filled with fervour.|
|A radiant red rock filled with fervour.|
|A crimson crystal that blazes like a burning inferno.|