|Found in||Dragon Quest IX|
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
Glass frit is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a polishing abrasive that is used as a crafting ingredient.
Glass frit can be collected from the Djust Desert and the Wyrmwing, as well as being dropped by Cyclowns, Parched peckerels, Power hammers, and Stale whales. It can be sold for 28 gold or used in the following alchemy recipes:
- Recipe: Sandstorm spear = Holy lance + Kitty litter x2 + Glass frit
- Recipe: Erdrick's sword = Rusty sword + Glass frit x9 + Orichalcum
- Recipe: Erdrick's shield = Rusty shield + Glass frit x9 + Orichalcum
- Recipe: Erdrick's helmet = Rusty helmet + Glass frit x9 + Orichalcum
- Recipe: Erdrick's armour = Rusty armour + Glass frit x9 + Orichalcum
- Recipe: Erdrick's gauntlets = Rusty gauntlets + Glass frit x9 + Orichalcum
Glass frit is used as a material for crafting weapons, armour, and furniture. It can be purchased from a material store for 180 gold, picked up from sparkly spots, or dropped by certain monsters.
Glass frit can be purchased from Hotto during the second act and from the roving emporiums in the Zwaardsrust Region and the Costa Valor for 250 gold and sold for 62 gold. It can be received from sparkly spots in the Hotto Steppe, the Gallopolis Region, the Laguna di Gondolia, the Grotta della Fonte, Insula Australis, the Dundrasil Region, and Insula Borealis. There is a barrel containing glass frit in Gallopolis and another in Puerto Valor and it can also be dropped by Cyclowns, Mud mannequins, Octopots, and Hardy hands.
- Recipe: Iron armour = Iron ore x3 + Glass frit x2 + Beast bone
- Recipe: Iron cuirass = Iron ore x3 + Glass frit + Celestial skein
- Recipe: Iron helmet = Iron ore x2 + Glass frit x2
- Recipe: Silver rapier = Silver ore x2 + Beast bone + Glass frit
- Recipe: Steel shield = Silver ore x2 + Iron ore + Glass frit x2
- Recipe: Drasilian helm = Platinum ore + Gold ore + Glass frit x2
- Recipe: Silver cuirass = Silver ore x2 + Glass frit x2 + Yellow eye
- Recipe: Platinum platter = Platinum ore + Glass frit
- Recipe: Mythril helm = Mythril ore x2 + Dragon horn x2 + Glass frit x2 + Yellow eye
- Recipe: Metal slime spear = Molten globules + Slimedrop + Glass frit x2 + Twisted talons x2
- Recipe: Venus' tear = Savvy sapphire x2 + Glass frit x3 + Pink pearl + Rippledrops x2
- Recipe: Cinderblock earrings = Gold nuglet + Royal ruby + Sunny citrine + Glass frit
- Recipe: All-weather earrings = Gold nuglet + Savvy sapphire + Equable emerald + Glass frit
- Recipe: Blackout earrings = Gold nuglet + Artful amethyst + Lucida shard + Glass frit
- Recipe: Warrior princess's headdress = Gold bar + Savvy sapphire x2 + Brighten rock x2 + Glass frit x2
- Recipe: Scholar's specs = Gold ore x2 + Thinkincense x3 + Glass frit x2 + Mirrorstone
Glass frit can be dropped by Metal slime knights, Grinades, and Marquis de Léon, or received from King Flaminio in exchange for 3 mini medals. It can be sold for 12 gold or used in the quick recipes for the Pink pearl ring and Stimulating specs in the Alchemy Pot.
|Gentle grit that's perfect for polishing. Alchemise it!|
|Gentle grit that's perfect for polishing.|
- Nintendo DS version.
- Sony PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions.