|Japanese||金塊 (VIII only)|
きんかい (IX onwards)
|Old localizations||Gold nugget|
|Found in||Dragon Quest VIII|
Dragon Quest IX
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
|Effect||Can be sold for extra gold.|
Used as an ingredient to create items.
The Gold bar, also known as the Gold nugget, is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a valuable solid gold bullion that can be sold for a high amount of gold coins and can also be used for alchemy and item crafting.
There are a total of three Gold nuggets that can be acquired normally in the game. One is received from Princess Minnie in exchange for 52 Mini medals. Two more can be found in the Godbird's Eyrie in both the World of Darkness and the World of Light. It can also be dropped rarely by Democrobots.
- In the Nintendo 3DS version, two more Gold nuggets were added—one in the Altar of Wroth and another in Memories Lane. They can also be found rarely in rank 4 blue treasure chests.
Gold bars can now be made in the Krak Pot. One can be found in the Bowhole on B3F, as well as having a 5% chance of being found in Rank 8 and Rank 10 blue treasure chests, or dropped by Drakularges, Gem jamborees, Gem slimes, AU-1000s, Pandora's boxes, and Tyrannosaurus Wrecks. It can be received as a reward for completing Quest #161: Here with Nod's Tear.
- Recipe: Gold bar = Sainted soma x3 + Ethereal stone x2 + Birdsong nectar x5
- Recipe: Storm spear = Lightning lance + Thunderball x5 + Gold bar
- Recipe: Golden axe = Iron axe + Gold bar
- Recipe: Spellward circlet = Gold circlet + Monarchic mark + Gold bar
- Recipe: Meteorite bracer = Gold bar + Agility ring x2 + Lucida shard x3
- Recipe: Goddess ring = Life ring + Sainted soma + Gold bar
Gold bars can be used as an ingredient in the use of equipment and furniture crafting or sold for 3,000 gold coins. It can be won as a prize for playing tombola, made in the Alchemy Pot, or dropped by various monsters, including Gold golems, Gem slimes, and Platinum king jewels.
Gold bars can be purchased from the Trial Isle shop for 20,000 gold coins and sold for 5,000 gold coins. Three can be found during the second act in Heliodor Castle, in the Gyldenhal, and in the Fortress of Fear, while two more can be found during the third act in Phnom Nonh and the Sage's Trial - Hoarder's Keep. Gold bars can be dropped commonly by Golden goliaths and Harmachis and rarely by Balhibs, Gold golems, Token takers, and Vicious gold drohls.
- Recipe: Warrior princess's headdress = Gold bar + Savvy sapphire + Brighten rock x2 + Glass frit x2
- Recipe: Xenlon hair ring = Gold bar x2 + Spectralite + Crimsonite + Serpent's soul + Saint's ashes x2
- Recipe: Meteorite bracer = Lucida shard x3 + Orichalcum + Slipweed x3 + Savvy sapphire x3 + Gold bar
- Recipe: Yggdrasil dress coat = Silkblossom x3 + Gold bar + Glimmergrass x2 + Royal ruby
- Recipe: Tiara tremendisima = Gold bar x2 + Spectralite + Lucida shard x2 + Crimsonite + Love potion x3
- Recipe: Catholicon ring = Gold bar + Perfect panacea x2 + Royal ruby x2 + Red wood x3
- Recipe: El Stupendo = Orichalcum + Gold bar + Crimsonite + Buzzberries x3 + Cherry blossom petal x3
- Recipe: Hunter's moon = Gold bar x2 + Lucida shard x3 + Lunaria x3 + Royal ruby x2 + Spectralite
- Recipe: Hellbeast's lash = Orichalcum x2 + Crimsonite x2 + Chronocrystal + Gold bar + Black tear
- Recipe: Deicimators = Serpent's bone x2 + Gold bar + Thunderball x2 + Spectralite + Fire ball
Gold bars can be sold for 5,000 gold coins each. They could be received as reward for participating in Wi-Fi Tournaments. One is received as a reward for solving the third problem of the Advanced Monster Scout Proficiency Test on Infant Isle. It also has a 1⁄256 chance of being dropped by Gold golems.
|A heavy chunk of solid gold.|
|A piece of pure gold that's heart-warmingly heavy. Alchemise it!|
|A piece of pure gold that's heart-warmingly heavy.|
- Sony PlayStation 2, Mobile, and Nintendo 3DS versions.
- Nintendo DS version.
- Sony PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions.