|Found in||Dragon Quest X|
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3
Dragon Quest Heroes II
Dragon Quest Tact
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
Savvy sapphire is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a brilliant blue-coloured jewel that is used as a crafting ingredient.
Savvy sapphire is used as a material for crafting weapons and shields. It can be purchased from a material shop for 1,200 gold each, received as a quest reward, found in treasure chests, or dropped by various monsters such as Tundrackies, Rumble bees, Jailcats, Goodybags, Restless armours, Demon-at-arms, Bloodbonnets, and Warhogs.
|A bright blue gem said to sharpen the senses.|
Savvy sapphires can be purchased from the shop at L'Académie de Notre Maitre des Médailles for 2,000 gold each, picked up from sparkly spots at Insula Algarum*, the Sniflheim - Whale Way Station, the Battleground, the Fortress of Fear, the Path to Trial Isle, and the Citadel of Spite. Some can be found in treasure chests at Sniflheim Castle and the First Forest, as well as being dropped by Bloodbonnets, Vicious gloomy grublins, Masqueraiders, Malicious flythons, and Abyssal octopots.
- Recipe: King's coat = Silkblossom x3 + Ethereal stone + Savvy sapphire
- Recipe: Fenrir fang = Mythril ore x2 + Ice crystal x2 + Twisted talons + Savvy sapphire
- Recipe: Ice claws = Silver ore x2 + Ice crystal x2 + Avabranche x2 + Savvy sapphire
- Recipe: Avalanche axe = Mythril ore x3 + Ice crystal x2 + Permasnow x2 + Savvy sapphire
- Recipe: Venus' tear = Savvy sapphire x2 + Glass frit x3 + Pink pearl + Rippledrops x2
- Recipe: All-weather earrings = Gold nuglet + Savvy sapphire + Equable emerald + Glass frit
- Recipe: Emperor's attire = Silkblossom x3 + Ethereal stone x2 + Savvy sapphire x2 + Colourful cocoon x2
- Recipe: Brainy bracer = Platinum ore x2 + Savvy sapphire x2 + Ethereal stone + Royal soil
- Recipe: Spirit bracer = Mythril ore x2 + Savvy sapphire x2 + Magic water x2 + Faerie fluff x2
- Recipe: Goddess's tiara = Molten globules + Savvy sapphire x2 + Brighten rock x2 + Sparkly sap
- Recipe: Warrior princess's headdress = Gold bar + Savvy sapphire x2 + Brighten rock x2 + Glass frit x2
- Recipe: Monarchic mark = Gold nuglet x2 + Pale pearl x2 + Savvy sapphire x2
- Recipe: Swindler king's stole = Technicolour dreamcloth x3 + Mythril ore x2 + Savvy sapphire x2 + Slipweed x2
- Recipe: Sacred circlet = Slime crown + Savvy sapphire x2 + Brighten rock x3 + Sainted soma
- Recipe: Minerva's tiara = Orichalcum + Savvy sapphire x2 + Brighten rock x3 + Sainted soma
- Recipe: Meteorite bracer = Lucida shard x3 + Orichalcum + Slipweed x3 + Savvy sapphire x4 + Gold bar
- Recipe: Über miracle sword = Platinum ore x2 + Molten globules + Savvy sapphire + Pep pip
- Recipe: Summer cloud hat = Colourful cocoon x2 + Chronocrystal + Savvy sapphire + Faerie fluff x3 + Waveweed x2
- Recipe: Exotoga = Kaleidocloth + Agate of evolution x2 + Savvy sapphire x3 + Thinkincense x3 + Celestial skein x3
- Recipe: Brilliant staff = Shining staff + Agate of evolution x2 + Spellbound bough x2 + Brighten rock x2 + Savvy sapphire
Savvy sapphire is used as a material for improving various accessories or sold for 300 gold. It can be dropped by Demon-at-arms, Knight errants, Mandrake majors, and Goodybags, received in exchange for 3 Mini medals, or picked up from sparkly spots in the Darkwood.
Savvy sapphire appears as a material for ranking up units, particularly monsters of the Slime, Dragon, and Nature families. There are various ways to acquire it, including being able to purchase it up to 20 times daily at the gold shop for 100 gold each, received as a reward from the Savvy Sapphire: Beginner or Intermediate levels, the Slime, Dragon, and Nature Family rank up levels, or redeemed from various event swap shops.
In Other Languages
- Sony PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions.