|Japanese||シケスビア雪原・南の島 (3D versions)|
シケスビア南の島 (3DS and 2D mode only)
|Rōmaji||Shikesubia setsugen・minami no shima (3D versions)|
Shikesubia minami no shima (3DS and 2D mode only)
|Game||Dragon Quest XI|
The Insula Algarum is an island located off the southern coast of the Snærfelt in Dragon Quest XI. It is surrounded by jagged cliffs and is populated mainly by flying monsters. The mermaids of Erdrea are said to favor the island due to the pharyngitis-curing properties of the seaweed found growing by there.
|Lucida shard||Treasure chest along eastern wall in southern section|
|Mini medal||Treasure chest located on ledge in southwest corner of the island. Requires flying to reach.|
|Agate of evolution||Treasure chest on small plateau on northeastern wall. Requires flying to reach.|
|Molten globules||Treasure chest on small island across from broken bridge in the north. Requires flying to reach.|
|Mini medal||Treasure chest on small island across from broken bridge in the north. Requires flying to reach.|
|Royal soil||At the base of tree in northwest corner|
|Mirrorstone||Southwestern corner in the northern clearing|
|Plant near western cliffs in southern section|
|Fruit tree located on southernmost ledge of the island. Requires flying to reach.|
|Savvy sapphire||Small ledge on southeastern section of the island. Requires flying to reach.|
|Pitch pearl||Rocky outcropping across water to the east. Requires flying to reach.|
|Ethereal stone||At the base of tree on rocky outcropping north of the dock. Requires flying to reach.|
- Malicious stark raven
- Malicious drackolyte
- Supreme succubat
- Malicious elysium bird
- Malicious dragon rider
- Quest #040: Soothing Seaweed: The Dulcet Dulse can be received by talking to the fisherman near the docks here.
- Island-Hopper: Awarded for making port at each of the many islands scattered throughout the world.
- Isle Never Miss: Awarded for hitting every bullseye on each of the many islands scattered throughout the world.
- There is a crossbow target located on the rock ledge on the southern wall of the island.
Insula Algarum is Latin for "algae island" due to the seaweed that can be found there.
- NPC fisherman on the island: The dulcet dulse that abounds around this island is highly sought after by the daughters of water. It cures sore throats as fast as lightning—it's almost frightening! It would be a good thing, but when those sirens start singing, they won't stop till your ears are ringing! Bwah hah hah hah!