Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key
|Main series games|
|Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca’s Marvelous Mysterious Key|
|Release date(s)||JP February 6, 2014|
|Media||Nintendo 3DS Game Card|
Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Mysterious Key (Doragon Kuesto Monsutāzu 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi, ドラゴンクエストモンスターズ2 イルとルカの不思議なふしぎな鍵) is a remake of Dragon Quest Monsters 2. It incorporates both versions of the original, Iru's Adventure and Luca's Journey, into a single game. It was released in Japan both as a digital download on the Nintendo 3DS eShop, and in retail stores on February 6, 2014.
- Super G-Size monsters are introduced to the game.
- The Montner system, a newly introduced feature to DQM. The Montner system (Monster + Partner) lets players mix and combine four different parts to make an original monster that they can bring with them on their adventure.
- Right at the very start of the game, players can choose to either be Iru or Luca.
- Costumes are a new addition to the game. Players can change into costumes they find throughout the game.
- Crouch action command (If the player crouches when being chased by a monster, the monster will sometimes pass by.)
- Whistle action command (When the player whistles, nearby monsters react and come over. It's handy when the player wants to fight monsters located in faraway spots.)
- Dance ability (An ability the player gets later in the game that will make monsters dance.)
- Monsters with their backs to the player will run away if the player surprises them. And sometimes, they may even leave items behind as they run.
- In certain locations, the player can move in midair. (It almost looks like flying.)
- Weapon Forging system, a newly introduced feature to DQM. Now players can go to a blacksmith and use materials collected to forge different weapons, and also add effects to them.
- After beating the game, players get access to additional stuff such as making Slime, and Giga bodies.
- In the Nintendo 3DS version, there are no random world keys till post-game. These keys can be traded via StreetPass.
- An app that allows transference of monsters and data from Terry's Wonderland 3D to Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key. In order for the app to be usable, both games need to have clear data (beating the game).
- There are quests to clear, and prizes to get.
- Professor Monster, a specialist in new monster species fusion, a new addition which can only be found during the post-game.
- New moves and skillsets.
Wi-Fi Game Features
- The Newly Judge Points system:
Depending on whether or not weapons are equipped, the behavior of the monsters in battle, and many other factors is what effects the amount of Judge Points the player will get.