NIWA is hosting a cross-wiki event this weekend (September 22-24). Details here.
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3
|Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3|
|Series||Dragon Quest Monsters|
|Release date(s)|| JP March 24, 2016|
|Genre(s)||Console role-playing game|
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 (ドラゴンクエストモンスターズ ジョーカー3) is a 2016 Nintendo 3DS console role-playing game published by Square Enix in Japan. It is the sequel to 2010's Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2. There are no immediate plans to localize the game. Additionally, a Professional version of the game has already been announced in Japan with a February 2017 release date set. It is to be the final game in the Joker sub-series.
The silver-haired protagonist is on a journey to recover his lost memories, while trying to figure out where a new, dark breed of monsters has originated.
- Break Monsters are introduced. They have a dark crystalline appearance to them. So far, they are stated to be "mysterious evil versions of monsters".
- Instead of the usual three slots allotted for a monster team, there are now four.
- The hero can also ride around on several different kinds of monsters, using them for transportation.
- In battle, there is a new "Strategy" command available. Selecting this command offers six different options, such as "Accumulate Tension" or "Use Special Skills". If Tension is accumulated, the attack will be more powerful, and the Scout Gauge will rise more easily.
- A monster can also be equipped with accessories that raise its capabilities. By handing over materials like shrubs and ores to the accessory shop, accessories are created that offer various effects. Each accessory can have a maximum of three effects.
- The Hero of this game.
- Solitaire - Pro only
- The Hero of the original game - Pro only
- The Hero of the second game - Pro only
- Dr. Snap - Pro only
- Rex Mayday - Pro only
- Melonie - Pro only
- Leokid - Pro only
- Elder pipit - Pro only