Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
|Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D|
|Publisher(s)||JP Square Enix|
|Series||Dragon Quest Monsters|
|Platform(s)||Nintendo 3DS, Cell phone|
|Release date(s)||Nintendo 3DS|
|Genre(s)||Console role-playing game|
ESRB: E (Everyone)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D (ドラゴンクエストモンスターズ テリーのワンダーランド3D) is a remake of the original Dragon Quest Monsters. It was released in 2012 for the Nintendo 3DS. Just as in the original, it stars a young Terry from Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation as the Hero.
In 2018, an enhanced version was released on cell phones as Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland SP.
The game begins with young Terry and Milly living peacefully in their house, in the days before Dragon Quest VI, when Terry and Milly were just children. When they go to bed at night, Terry gets up and goes into the next room. A strange monster then appears from a dresser kidnaps Milly and then vanishes back into the dresser he came from. Soon after, another monster, similar to the kidnapper, appears from the same dresser looking for Milly, but is surprised to learn that she has already been taken away. The monster, called Fluffy, then asks Terry if he would like to find out where his sister and the kidnapper are, and to follow him to the Kingdom of GreatTree. Fluffy and Terry both go into the dresser and Terry then finds himself in an unknown land. He meets the king and receives Slib the slime, his first monster to train. If Terry wins the Monster Trainers' Starry Night Tournament, he will be granted a wish. So Terry sets out with his team to explore the many monster dungeons to win the tournament and rescue his sister.
Differences from the original
- There are now 609 strange, exciting and powerful monsters to breed and command in battle.
- The game raises the team limit to four monsters (up from three).
- The game follows the new mechanics set by Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, with the player able to revolve the camera around Terry in a fully explorable 3D world.
- The game supports stereoscopic 3D visuals.
- Stereoscopic 3D is no longer available due to hardware limitations.
- New monsters have been added, bringing the total number to over 650.
- A new area called El Dorado.
- An option to make running the default movement speed.
- Two new features that allow players to quickly collect rewards: "Auto-Battle", which immediately ends a battle with a simulated outcome for experience points and gold; and "Easy Adventure", which simulates a run through a previously-completed dungeon for experience, gold and even monsters.
- A ranked competitive multiplayer mode.
Terry and a komodo
- List of monsters (Japanese)