|Romaji||Ikazuchi no tama|
|Found in||Dragon Quest IX|
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Swords
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
The Thunderball is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a lightning-infused rock that is used as a crafting ingredient.
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
Thunderballs can be collected from the Wyrmwing and the small island to the east of Hermany, as well as being dropped by Cumulus rexes and Cumulus vexes. It can also be received as a reward for repeating Quest #036: Little Miss Bossy Boots. Thunderballs can be sold for 43 gold coins each or used in the following alchemy recipes:
- Recipe: Lightning lance = Celestial spear + Thunderball x3 + Mythril ore
- Recipe: Storm spear = Lightning lance + Thunderball x5 + Gold bar
- Recipe: Lightning staff = Stolos' staff + Thunderball x3 + Magic water
- Recipe: Lightning conductor = Lightning staff + Thunderball x5 + Sage's elixir
- Recipe: Azure dragon fan = Cobra fan + Thunderball x3 + Dragon scale x2
- Recipe: Enchanted stone = Thunderball x2 + Ice crystal x2 + Mystifying mixture
Dragon Quest X
Thunderballs are used as a material for crafting weapons and pieces of equipment or in alchemy to increase spellcasting speed. It can be purchased from a material store for 1,350 gold, received in exchange for 2 mini medals each, or dropped by various monsters such as Silvapithecuses, Batmandrills, and Squidzillas.
Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Thunderballs can be received from sparkly spots on the Battleground or dropped by Brollympians, Old men of the sea, Dragon zombies, Wight princes, Electric needlers, and Hellbound hair-raisers. One thunderball can also be found in a treasure chest at the Eerie Eyrie and another at L'Académie de Notre Maitre des Médailles behind a storeroom that requires the Magic key to open. It can be sold for 500 gold coins. Thunderballs are used in the following recipes for the Fun-Size Forge:
- Recipe: Lightning staff = Pink pine x2 + Thunderball + Royal soil
- Recipe: Lightning lance = Gold ore x3 + Thunderball + Magic beast horn
- Recipe: Lightning conductor = Spellbound bough x2 + Thunderball + Enchanted stone
- Recipe: Deicimators = Serpent bone x2 + Gold bar + Thunderball x2 + Spectralite + Fire ball
- Recipe: Asterang = Meteorang + Agate of evolution + Thunderball + Lucida shard
- Recipe: Stellarang = Asterang + Agate of evolution x2 + Thunderball x2 + Lucida shard x2 + Sunny citrine
- Recipe: Galaxarang = Stellarang + Über agate of evolution + Thunderball x3 + Lucida shard x3 + Black tear
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Thunderballs are used as a tempering material for thunder-elemental swords. It can be dropped by Men o' war or received as a Rank B reward from the Mirror World, a Rank S reward from the Tower of Mirrors, a Rank A reward from the Secace Seacove, or a Rank S reward from the Caliburn Cave.
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
Thunderballs can be dropped by Silvapithecuses and Pazuzus, received from King Flaminio in exchange for 5 mini medals onboard the Stonecloud, or received as a reward for repeating the Grudge Match: Automatrons with gold clear time. It can be used to create Catholicon rings and the classic recipe for the Mirror ring in the Alchemy Pot or sold for 470 gold coins.
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Twin Kings and the Prophecy's End
Thunderballs are used as a material to improve various accessories or can be sold for 470 gold coins. Once again it can be dropped by Silvapithecuses and Pazuzus, as well as Infernal armours and Batmandrills.
|A chunk of rock charged with electrical energy. Alchemise it!|
|A chunk of rock charged with electrical energy.|