|Found in||Dragon Quest X|
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II
Dragon Quest Treasures
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
Warmaline is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. As its name states, it is a mysterious stone that is warm to the touch and is used as a crafting ingredient. Its name is a play on the real-life gemstone "tourmaline".
Warmaline is used as a material for crafting weapons, armour, and furniture, or in Alchemy to increase resistance against becoming frightened on pieces of headwear. It can be purchased from a material shop for 220 gold, picked up from sparkly spots, or dropped by certain monsters, including Hell niños, Live lavas, and Mega moais.
|A glowing stone that emits a welcoming warmth.|
Warmaline can be picked up from sparkly spots in the Hotto Steppe and Hotto or dropped rarely by Fromage flays in the Definitive Edition of the game. Some warmalines can be found in Gallopolis and Phnom Nonh. It can be sold for 60 gold. Warmaline is used in the following recipes for the Fun-Size Forge:
- Recipe: Bronze armour = Copper ore x3 + Flaxen thread x2 + Warmaline
- Recipe: Wizard's staff = Pink pine x2 + Warmaline + Lamplight
- Recipe: Combusticlaws = Lava lump x2 + Warmaline x3 + Rockbomb shard x3 + Royal ruby
Warmalines can be dropped by Imps and Type G0s or can be received from King Flaminio in exchange for 5 Mini medals on the Stonecloud. It can also be received as a reward for completing Showdown: Grim Guardian with gold clear time from the second time onward or Grudge Match: Grim Guardian with silver clear time from the second time onward. It can be used in the quick recipes for the Life ring and Raging ruby or the classic recipe for the Tough guy tattoo in the Alchemy Pot or sold for 130 gold. Two warmalines each are required to complete Quest #9: Improving on Perfection 2 and Quest #40: Cold Toes, Warm Heart.
Warmaline is used as a material for improving various accessories or sold for 60 gold. It can be dropped by Dancing flames and Hell niños or picked up from sparkly spots in the hot springs area of the Redrock Ravine.
|A strange stone that's toasty to the touch. Used mainly for cooking. Mostly found on Cinderback Ridge.|
Warmaline can be collected from red nodes of ore on Cinderback Ridge or sometimes received by sending a dispatch team to the Redscale Rise area of Cinderback Ridge. It is mainly used for cooking dishes at the canteen or for scouting monsters.
- Recipe: Super sharptooth steak = Succulent steak x5 + Supreme steak x5 + Buzzberries x5 + Warmaline x2
- Recipe: Deluxe burger-on-the-bone = Succulent steak x5 + Budding spud x5 + Duneberry x5 + Secret seasoning 5 + Warmaline x2
- Recipe: Punchy power punch = Nectar x6 + Narspicious x6 + Sparkly sap x6 + Warmaline x2
- Recipe: Heavyweight boxer's broth = Nectar x6 + Fisticup x6 + Finessence x6 + Sparkly sap x6 + Warmaline x2
The "hokahoka" (ホカホカ) in the warmaline's Japanese name is an onomatopoeia word for "warm".
In Other Languages
- Sunstone - A crafting material that uses the same item art as the warmaline.
- Sony PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions.
- Nintendo Switch version.