|Romaji||Yoru no tobari|
|Found in||Dragon Quest IX|
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru and Luca's Marvelous Mysterious Key
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes II
|Effect||Used as an ingredient to create items.|
Evencloth is a recurring item in the Dragon Quest series. It is a length of jet-black cloth containing the power of the night that is used as a crafting ingredient, particularly for making clothing and darkness-themed pieces of equipment.
|Coal-black cloth cloaked in impenetrable darkness. Alchemise it!|
Evencloth can be collected from the Djust Desert and the Ondor Cliffs, has a 10% chance of being found in Rank 10 pots, barrels, and chests of drawers, and can be dropped by Ragged reapers, Dark skeletons, and Geothaums. One piece of evencloth is required to complete Quest #9: Labour of Love. It can be sold for 47 gold. Evencloth is used in the following alchemy recipes:
|Item||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3|
Evencloth is used as a material for crafting weapons, armour, and furniture. It can be purchased from a material shop for 720 gold or dropped by various monsters, including Shades, Dark brownies, Ghouls, Beleths, Archbashops, and Gnuriels.
|Cobalt-blue cloth cloaked in the deepest darkness.|
Evencloth can be purchased from the roving emporium in the Snærfelt for 560 gold during the second and third acts or picked up from sparkly spots in the Champs Sauvage, Phnom Nonh, the Other Side, the Fortress of Fear, and the Citadel of Spite. It can also be dropped by Brollygaggers and their malicious counterparts, Dark sabrecubs, and Dark sabrecats, as well as Beleths and Hellbound heretics*. One piece of evencloth can also be found in a dresser in Phnom Nonh. It can be sold for 140 gold.
- Recipe: Smart suit = Glimmergrass x3 + Evencloth + Cherry blossom petal
- Recipe: Thief's turban = Evencloth + Narspicious + Pitch pearl
- Recipe: Gloomy gloves = Magic beast hide + Evencloth
- Recipe: Witch's hat = Evencloth + Wing of bat + Celestial skein
- Recipe: Dread dagger = Platinum ore x2 + Coagulant x2 + Evencloth
- Recipe: General's jacket = Technicolour dreamcloth x2 + Evencloth x3 + Pitch pearl x2 + Finessence
- Recipe: General's jackboots = Dragon hide x2 + Gold nuglet + Saint's ashes + Evencloth x2
- Recipe: Phantom mask = Platinum ore x2 + Butterfly wing x2 + Evencloth x3 + Slipweed x3 + Spectralite
- Recipe: Dark robe = Faerie fluff x3 + Lambswool x3 + Evencloth x3 + Slipweed x3 + Black tear
- Recipe: Murky mittens = Magic beast hide x2 + Evencloth x3 + Sunny citrine + Night stick x3 + Softwort
- Recipe: Nebula sword = Stardust sword + Agate of evolution + Evencloth + Lucida shard
- Recipe: Supernova sword = Nebula sword + Agate of evolution x3 + Evencloth x2 + Lucida shard x2 + Artful amethyst
- Recipe: Hypernova sword = Supernova sword + Über agate of evolution + Evencloth x3 + Lucida shard x3 + Crimsonite
Evencloth can be dropped by Restless armours, Corpse corporals, and Drackymas, or received from King Flaminio in exchange for 5 Mini medals on the Stonecloud. It can also be received as a reward for completing Showdown: Problem Child with gold clear time from the second time onward or Grudge Match: Problem Child with silver clear time from the second time onward. Evencloth can be used in the classic recipes for the Fishnet stockings and Garter in the Alchemy Pot or sold for 250 gold. Two bolts of evencloth are required to complete Quest #18: Greedy for Ingredients 3.
|Coal-black cloth cloaked in the deepest darkness.|
In Other Languages
The evencloth's Japanese name "yoru no tobari" (よるのとばり) is the shortened form of the expression "yoru no tobari ga oriru" (夜の帳が下りる) which means "the curtain of night descends", which is a fanciful way of describing when the sky gradually darkens and turns to night.
- Nintendo DS version.
- Sony PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One versions.
- Sony PlayStation 4 and Steam versions.