The silver mail is a recurring suit of armor in the Dragon Quest series. It is a mid-level suit of armor and typically offers some protection against magical attacks.
The silver mail has a defence bonus of +43 and a style bonus of +40. It reduces damage from all spells except Zap and can only be equipped by the Hero and Aishe. Silver mail can be purchased from various shops for 9,100 gold and sold for 4,550. It can also be won as a prize from the Lucky Panel at the Casino.
The silver mail has a defence bonus of +50. It can be equipped by the Hero and Angelo. It can be purchased from Savella Cathedral and Argonia for 4,300 gold and sold for 2,150 gold. The silver mail can be used to make multiple items in the Alchemy Pot.
- Silver mail + Dancer's costume = Dancer's mail
- Silver mail + Zombiesbane = Zombie mail
- Silver mail + Dragon scale x2 = Dragon mail
- Silver mail + Mirror shield x2 = Mirror armour
|Equipable by||Warrior, Minstrel, Gladiator, Paladin, Armamentalist, Luminary|
|Flavor text||An argent suit of mail that deflects a dash of magic damage.|
|Notes||Reduces damage taken from fire, ice, lightning, and wind attacks by 8%.|
Reduces damage taken from darkness attacks by 5%.
Buy in Bloomingdale.
Commonly dropped or stolen from Harmours.
Rarely dropped or stolen from Infernal armours.
Upgrades into Gold mail.
- Silver armour that reduces damage from enemy spells by 20 points. (Description of silver mail in Dragon Quest VIII.)