Party (Dragon Quest V)
From Dragon Quest Wiki
The Party of Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride is one that builds up over the course several Generations.
Together both Humans and Monsters alike seek to take down Grandmaster Nimzo of Nadiria and his Order of Zugzwang, along with many other obstacles that get in their way.
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
- The Hero: The only son of King Pankraz and Queen Madalena of Gotha. He wears a signature purple turban. He is the legitimate heir to the throne of Gotha, but traveled with his father Pankraz in his youth. He inherited magical powers from his mother, and has the ability to convert monsters to his side. For the first time in the series, he is something of a cleric-type character with wind-based spells, in addition to having the ability to tame monsters. However he does not learn lightning-based spells and cannot use the Legendary Equipment, as he is not The Legendary Hero. However, he can equip several other powerful pieces of equipment, making him useful in combat. In the official PS2 guidebook, he is called "Abel" (アベル) in the screenshots. The profession listed in his info display changes among the following:
- Pankraz (パパス): Father of The Hero. He was the king of Gotha, but in order to rescue his wife Madalena, who was taken to Nadiria, he left in search of The Legendary Hero, in the company of Sancho and his young son. He is a powerful warrior with a handsome figure, and can cast healing spells. He has a kingly grace and rigor, and a gentle face, but seems cold on his visit of Whitey in Roundbeck, and confused on his visit to Coburg. He cannot be controlled in battle; he will use his own judgment in acting. He is powerful enough that he can often attack twice in one round, and frequently issues Critical Hits. After the end of the battle, he will use his healing spells to restore the HP of The Hero, and the sabercat cub if he is present. Unusually, these spells will completely recover The Hero's HP, and cure all status conditions.
- Bianca Whitaker (ビアンカ): The main character's childhood friend. She is blond and has blue eyes. She is the adoptive daughter of Whitaker, the innkeeper of Roundbeck. She is tomboyish as a child and has a heart of gold. She seeks to protect the sabercat cub from some bullies, with the help of The Hero. A few years later, she and Whitaker move to Stockenbarrel, and her foster mother dies from a disease.
- Prince Harry (ヘンリー): The elder prince of the kingdom of Coburg. He is taken into slavery along with The Hero, and is a party member for the first part of the second era. Talking to him afterwards, The Hero learns that he is now happily married to Maria. He is able to equip soldier's weapons and armor, and can use many low-level spells.
- Nera Briscoletti (フローラ): Daughter of Rodrigo Briscoletti. She has blue hair and eyes, and has a dog named Bingo. Like Bianca, she is an adopted child. Her real parentage is revealed in the ending. She spent over 10 years in a monastery and became a graceful, kind-hearted woman. But she never learned to cook in those 10 years.
- Debora Briscoletti (デボラ) is the older daughter of Mr. Briscoletti and was added to the game as of the DS remake. Debora is very bossy, tends to keep to herself, and is considered to be the less appealing of the Briscoletti girls by the citizens of Mostroferrato due to her abrasive personality.
- Sancho (サンチョ): A servant in the service of Pankraz. He serves The Hero after Pankraz's death. He is a plump man with a kindly air. He is in charge of educating The Hero, and acted as a foster parent for his children while he was petrified. He revered Pankraz deeply, and grieves for him more than anyone at the expense of being distrustful of other kingdoms. In the third generation, he appears at Patty's Party Planning Place and can be added to the party. He gains various death spells, and in the remakes also gains specialty thief spells. He has high Attack Power, but low Agility.
- Tuppence (ピピン): A soldier of Gotha. He volunteered to be a soldier, much to the dismay of his father Thruppence. Tuppence desires to become more than just a regular guardsman and will be delighted if the hero chooses the bring him along. Like Sancho, he appears in Patty's Party Planning Place in the start of the third era. He is a Warrior-type character: physically strong and can use many pieces of equipment, but has no spellcasting power at all. He has high HP, and moderate Agility.
- Saber (ベビーパンサー)/Great sabercat (キラーパンサー): A feline monster. He is a young great sabercat tamed by Bianca and The Hero. Great sabercat are also known as "Hell's Assassins"; they normally cannot be tamed. He was being bullied by the children of Roundbeck, but was rescued by Bianca and The Hero when they defeated the ghosts of Uptaten Towers. Bianca gave him her ribbon when they split up. In the second era, he has grown into an adult, and lives in a cave west of Hay. He has been driven feral by Bishop Ladja, but can be tamed again using Bianca's ribbon. He is guarding Pankraz's sword. Bianca thinks up several potential names, from which The Hero may choose:
- In the SFC Version: Borongo (ボロンゴ), Pukkuru (プックル), Tyrol (チロル), Geregere (ゲレゲレ)
- Additional names in the PS2 version: Andre (アンドレ), Lynx (リンクス), Momo (モモ), Solo (ソロ), Bibinbar (ビビンバ), Gikogiko (ギコギコ). (10 total names)
- In the English version of the Nintendo DS remake: Saber, Leo, Spot, Mahicat, Tom, Purrcy, Mogy, Punk, Pyjamas, Baumren
- Dwight (ザイル): The son of a dwarf who lives in the fairy world. In order to make the world freeze, he stole the Fairy Flute from the Fairy Queen. He was then trapped in the Winter Palace. In the PS2 edition onwards, he appears in the third generation as a Monster Companion. He looks like a miniature version of the Hoodlum monster.