|Romaji||Hinoki no bō|
|Old localizations||Wooden cane |
|Found in||Dragon Quest II|
Dragon Quest III
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest VIII
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Walk
Dragon Quest Tact
|Effect||Increases the wielder's Attack.|
The cypress stick is a recurring weapon in the Dragon Quest series. It is a simple wooden stick and is usually the weakest weapon in the game.
The cypress stick is a crude, but simple length of wood that can be used as a club or baton. In its earliest depictions, it had a loop at the end of its handle. Later entries in the series shows the cypress stick as having a length of cloth around its handle as a rudimentary grip.
|A simple weapon made from the branch of a cypress tree.|
The cypress stick has an Attack bonus of +2. The hero begins his journey with this weapon.
|Doesn't appear to have any special effects.|
The cypress stick has an Attack bonus of +2. It can be equipped by all characters. When equipped by Ruff, it actually decreases his attack by 1. In the 3DS version, it is initially equipped by Kiefer.
The cypress stick has an Attack bonus of +4. In this game, it is classified as a sword and can only be equipped by the Hero. Although it has no practical use in combat, the cypress stick can be used in various Alchemy recipes:
- Iron lance = Cypress stick + Dagger
- Long spear = Iron lance + Cypress stick x2
- Hunter's bow = Strength ring + Cypress stick x2
- Stone axe = Cypress stick + Stone hardhat
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
The cypress stick is a D-rank sword that can be acquired as a reward for completing the Swords: Intermediate level. It has an ATK bonus of +3, an HP bonus of +9, and has two slots for Alchemy Effects.
In Other Languages
- The cypress stick shares its position as the weakest weapon in the series with the bamboo lance.
- The anime series Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei makes a humorous reference to the cypress stick in an imagine spot as being the bare minimum for an adventurer, along with the plain clothes and pot lid.
- Mobile, Android and iOS version
- Mobile, Android, iOS and Nintendo DS version