Curses (呪い) are hexes that afflict the target with a wide variety of potent effects. Some curses are permanently set upon certain items as well: see Cursed Equipment for a list. These items must be removed in a Church before the bearer can equip anything else, but the curses chanted in battle can be removed with the Sheen spell.
Curses have several debilitating effects, and only characters with high Luck can reliably avoid them. The potential damnation are:
- Reducing HP by 1 for every four steps
- Reducing MP by 1 for every four steps
- Randomly becoming stunned during battle
- Randomly causing spells and skills to fail during battle
- Forcing a character to randomly attack an ally
Curses are cast by undead and demonic monsters, which force characters to lose a turn. The Hero is immune to all curses, save by one cast by the bonus boss in the post-game.
|This article is a stub. Help out by expanding it.|
Possible effects include:
- Halving the maximum HP of a character for the battle
- Halving the maximum MP of a character for the battle
- Forcing the character to succumb to instant death with a high probability within a random number of turns