List of locations in Dragon Quest VI
This is a list of locations in Dragon Quest VI
Castles and Towns
The Upper World, built by the dreams of the people of the lower world. This world has a round map, and slightly darker grass. The story begins here.
- Weaver's Peak/Lifecod (ライフコッド): A village deep in the northwestern mountains. It is the starting point of the adventure. In the upper world, the hero lives here with his sister Tania. The village's products are woodcraft and silk. Every year, the village celebrates the spirit of the mountain.
- Haggleton/Shiena (シエーナ): A town to the south of Weaver's Peak. It holds a bazaar once a year. It is the upper of an old man living in the lower world.
- Somnia/Reidock (レイドック): The capital of the kingdom of Somnia. The king of Somnia remains awake day and night, never sleeping.
- Amor/Amoru (アモール): A town to the southwest of Somnia, separated by a mountain range. It is reached from the lower-world version of Amor by a plot trigger. The river has turned to the color of blood.
- Underkeep (地底魔城): To the southeast of Somnia, the upper world version of Murdaw lives in an underground castle.
- Aridea/Karukado (カルカド): A desert town on an island in the northeast part of the world. The town is deeply distressed by the lack of water, and rumors are flying of a "land of happiness" (しあわせの国).
- Clearvale (クリアベール): A town on the southern continent. In this town, there are rumors of a flying bed.
- Fortune teller's house (占いの館): A fortune teller who gives advice to the perplexed lives here.
- The Spiegelspire/Wizard's Tower (魔術師の塔): A tower in the large desert north of Clearvale. The wizard Spiegel lives here. The entranceway can only be opened by casting a certain spell.
- Castle Graceskull/Grace Castle (グレイス城): A kingdom which is trying to summon the legendary demon Nokturnus to do battle with the Dread Fiends. The king was successful in summoning the demon, but it destroyed the castle. This collapse is repeated eternally in the upper world.
- Slimopolis/Slime Arena (スライム格闘場): An arena established by the slime tamer Sledge, where only slime-type monsters can participate. The entrance to the arena is in a room that can only be reached by slimes.
The four sealed regions
Each of the following locations exists in the lower world, but was destroyed by the Dread Fiends; but they are preserved in people's dreams. However, the Dread Fiends then sealed the regions, turning them into vast pits leading to the lower world. When the Dread Fiends is defeated, the pit is filled, and the location restored.
- Alltrades Abbey (ダーマ神殿): A temple in the middle east section of the world, it allows people to change classes. There is a well in the basement which connects to the lower world. It was sealed by Murdaw to prevent anyone from becoming a Hero.
- Medford's Manor (メダル王の城): A small castle northwest of Haggleton. The king here collects Tiny Medals, and grants prizes in exchange. To prevent anyone from obtaining these prizes, the castle was sealed by Jamirus.
- Sorceria/Calverona (カルベローナ): A magical city floating on the sea west of Clearvale, it is the home of Barbara. To prevent anyone from learning the legendary spell Magic Burst, it was sealed by the demon Gracos.
- Cloudsgate Castle (クラウド城 or ゼニスの城): The castle of King Zenith. It is in the southeast section of the upper world. Durran was supposed to seal the castle to prevent the heroes from reaching the Nightmare World, but instead he converted it into his own castle, surrounding it with a Hell Cloud. There is a giant egg (the "Egg of Hope" [希望の卵]) in the castle basement, from which will be born the future of the world.
The Lower World (現実の世界), called the "Land of Visions" (幻の大地) by the people of the upper world. This world has slightly brighter grass than the upper world. It is possible to travel under the sea, where the Return spell does not work.
When an inhabitant of the upper world enters this plane, they will be invisible to the humans of the lower world unless they use the "Dream dew" (ゆめみのしずく) on themselves. Their voices may still be audible, however. Also, monsters can see them normally.
- Wellshire (トルッカ)(Torukka): A town on an island in the northwest corner of the world. It is the first part of the lower world visited by the Hero.
- Alltrades Abbey site (ダーマ神殿跡): The tower once stood on the southeast continent of the world. But it was destroyed by the demons; only the well connecting to the upper world survives.
- Port Haven/San Marino (サンマリーノ): A port city to the west of the ruins of Alltrades Abbey, it is the hometown of Carver. There is a casino, and a ship taking travelers between Port Haven and Somnia.
- Madame Luca's House (グランマーズの館): The home of the oneiromancer Luca Luminista.
- Somnia/Reidock (レイドック): A castle town near the center of the world. The prince is missing, and the king and queen are trapped in an eternal sleep. It is the hero's actual hometown.
- Amor/Amoru (アモール): A town to the west of Somnia, along the shores of the river Shimiz. The Amor seco essence recovery item is sold here.
- Ghent village (ゲントの村): A village north of Somnia, it is the home of Nevan and the Ghent family, who possess healing powers. The Divine Boat is moored in the dock in the inner part of the village. It can be brought in and out of town by a block and tackle.
- Murdaw's Keep (ムドーの城): The castle of the lower world version of Murdaw. It is on an island in the sea east of Somnia. One cannot leave the castle after entering, until Murdaw is defeated.
- Scrimsley/Monstor (モンストル): A town east of the village of Ghent. It was rescued from monsters by the warrior Amos, who is now the hero of the town.
- Arkbolt (アークボルト): A castle in the northeastern region of the world. The king is gathering mighty warriors to defeat a monster living in a cave to the east.
- Howcastle (ホルストック): A castle on the southern continent. It is ruled by King Horton.
- Howsworth (ホルコッタ): A village to the east of Howcastle. It was built by the first king of Howcastle.
- Clearvale (クリアベール): A town to the south of Howcastle. It harbors the tomb of John, a boy who died at a young age.
- Castle Swanstone/Foan (フォーン城): A castle to the south of Somnia. The evil wizard Spiegel trapped the famous Mirror Princess in a mirror here. The king has the key to open the floodgate.
- Pescado/Pescani (ペスカニ): A fishing village on the southwest continent, near some sea caves. It is the home of Rob the fisherman.
- Mt. Snowhere/Mount Snow (マウントスノー): A town to the northwest of Pescado, the priest Ali Kazam (Zam in the fan translation) lives here. Gerda the snow fairy turned all but one of the town's inhabitants into ice.
- Castle Graceskull/Grace Castle (グレイス城): A ruined castle to the south of Pescado. Only the castle's foundations remain, and it is surrounded by a poisonous marsh. But the Armour of Orgo still lies in the basement. There are some thieves looking for treasure in the ruins.
- Turnscote/Longadeseo (ロンガデセオ): A pirate town on the eastern continent. It cannot be entered without a pass. It has a theater and a casino.
- Weaver's Peak/Lifecod (ライフコッド): A village in the mountains to the north of Somnia. The villagers are distrusting of strangers. It is attacked by the servants of Mortamor who seek to slay the hero.
- Dullerton/Zaxon (ザクソン): A village deep in the mountains, east of Weaver's Peak. It contains the home of Max Wynne (Clark Ende in the fan translation), the armorer, but there are no shops.
- Felonia/Gandino (ガンディーノ): A castle town on an island in the southeast corner of the world. The previous king was a tyrant, but the new king is spreading law and order. Milly was a slave here, under the old king. The town was once under the control of the Gindoro bandits, who have an underground stronghold here.
- Poseidon's Palace (ポセイドン城): Poseidon's castle is on the seabed north of Felonia. At one time, the castle was visited by the Great Sage.
The Dread Realm was created by the Archdevil Mortamor, and holds inhabitants from both the lower world and the upper world. To reach this world under their own power, the heroes must seek the aid of Pegasus. At first, any human coming here will be filled with despair, so everyone in the party will have a maximum HP of 1 and a maximum MP of 0.
- Despairia/Despair Town (絶望の町): A town where visitors to the world are deposited. People here have lost hope and are filled with a feeling of worthlessness. After the hero restores vigor to the town, the people begin to refer to it as the "Town of Hope" (希望の町).
- Lotus Lagoon (ヘルハーブ温泉): A spring to the west of Despair. The inhabitants have a strong desire to languish further. The cave in the middle of the hot spring allows return to the lower world.
- Greedmore Valley/Town of Greed (欲望の町): A town to the east of Despairia. Unlike Despairia, it is overflowing with energy, but this energy takes the form of avarice. As one might expect in the Greedmore Valley, there is a casino. The rich people live in the north half of town, and the poor people live in the south half.
- Gallows Moor (牢獄の町): A prison building controlled by Blackmar, the right hand of Mortamor. It is a prison for humans who have not committed a sin. There is a town-like place inside the prison, but there are no stores. The captives are permitted a certain degree of autonomy, but live in constant fear of the guillotine. The Great Sage Benjamin is imprisoned deep under the town.
- Prison of Sorrow/Prison of Grief (嘆きの牢獄): An old prison, just south of Mortamor's castle. The Great Sage Isaac is held captive here.
- Mortamor's Dreadlair (ムーアの城): The final dungeon, built on the edge of a bottomless pit; it is the castle of the Great Devil Mortamor.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia-ja (view authors).|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikia.|