|Older names||Hurtmore / Firebane|
Sizzle is a spell in the Dragon Quest series. The spell will bake a group of enemies in a wave of hellfire, most commonly dealing 30~42 damage for 6 MP.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Dragon Quest
- 1.2 Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line
- 1.3 Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation
- 1.4 Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
- 1.5 Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
- 1.6 Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- 1.7 Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- 1.8 Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- 1.9 Dragon Quest X
- 1.10 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- 1.11 Dragon Quest Monsters
- 1.12 Dragon Quest Monsters 2
- 1.13 Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
- 1.14 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- 2 Enemy versions
- 3 Battle Visuals
- 4 Gallery
The Hero learns the spell at level 19, and may cast it for 5 MP. It deals 58~65 damage in the original version, and 50~65 damage in all subsequent versions. As combat was limited to one enemy per battle, it was a single-target spell.
The Prince of Cannock learns Sizzle at level 18, and he can cast it for just 4 MP. The spell deals 17~33 damage in the original version, and 50~65 in the SNES and GBC versions.
In the mobile version, the spell has been redacted to affect only one group of enemies, as in later games, and its cost has risen to 5 MP.
Sizzle is learned by the Hero at Level 23, and both Mages & Sages at Level 14. The spell's cost and damage parameters become established in this entry of the series, 30~42 for 6 MP, remaining consistent ever since.
Sizzle is learned by Maya at Level 14.
|Liquid metal slime||4|
Sizzle is learned by Mages at rank 7.
Sizzle is learned by Dancers at level 27. Damage is calculated as Magical Might x 0.3 + 20 with an upper range of 162~170. Distance covered is eight meters and it costs 8 MP.
Called Firebane in this game, it is an upgraded form of Firebal. Firebal grows into Firebane when the monster reaches level 10 with 34 MP, and 52 intelligence. Firebane grows into Firebolt when the monster reaches level 26 with 96 MP and 122 intelligence.
Firebane requires 94 intelligence to learn and 220 intelligence to upgrade.
Sizzle can be learned from:
- Bang & Sizz (13 points)
- Bang & Sizz II (4 points)
- Crack & Sizz (36 points)
- Crack & Sizz II (19 points)
- Exorsus (15 points)
- Frizz & Sizz (50 points)
- Frizz & Sizz II (30 points)
- Sizz & Zam (50 points)
- Sizz & Zam II (30 points)
- Sizz & Zap (38 points)
- Sizz & Zap II (19 points)
- Woosh & Sizz (50 points)
- Woosh & Sizz II (32 points)
Sizzle is randomly available through the Hero's Command Selection ability. Similar to Sizz, Sizzle launches a smoldering projectile that ignites the opponent and ground upon contact with an enemy. It costs 20 MP to cast, but will inflict 25% with a high knockback that reliably kills at 100% near a stage's edge.
In III malefic magicians will fry the party for 22~34 damage in each subsequent game until VIII, where the enemy version deals 18~27 damage.