From Dragon Quest Wiki
They are descendants of Alefgard's original Hero and Tantegel's Princess Gwaelin, as well as the Legendary Hero, Erdrick. Their task is to take down the evil sorcerer, Hargon and the Demon Lord Malroth.
- The Prince of Midenhall (Originally The Prince of Lorasia: This is the classic warrior of the three heroes. He can use any armour and weapon in the game. He has no magic ability (this is the only game in the series in which this is so), but his physical Attack and Defence are the greatest of the three. This is the character the player starts out with in the castle of Midenhall. His name is directly selected by the player.
- His Level cap is 50, and his icon is blue.
- The Prince of Cannock (Originally The Prince of Samantoria): The second Prince is a blend of the classic warrior and priest archetypes. He cannot use as wide a variety of weapons and armour as the prince of Lorasia but compensates for this with the ability to use magic. However, it should be noted that his magic is not as powerful as that wielded by the princess of Moonbrooke, although he is better at healing magic. This character is hard to track down, but is a great ally. His name is generated at random based on the name of the Prince of Midenhall, although there is a cheat code to alter his name. The Cell phone and Switch versions allows his name to be chosen shortly after the prologue.
- His Level cap in most versions of the game is 45 and and 50 as of the Cell phone & Switch port. His icon is green.
- Possible names: Arthur (アーサー), Cain (カイン), Cookie (クッキー), Conan (コナン), Sukesan (すけさん), Tonnura (トンヌラ), Paul (パウロ), Rand (ランド).
- The Princess of Moonbrooke: Moonbrooke's Princess is the classic wizard of the three heroes and the first playable heroine in the series. She can use few types of armour and weapons in the game. She shares some of the Prince of Cannock's magic, but in addition has several powerful damage spells. This character has been cursed and needs to be freed before she will be able to join her cousins. Like the prince of Cannock her name is determined at random, but can be changed by a cheat code. The Cell phone and Switch versions allows her name to be chosen shortly after the prologue. Her HP is low, and she can only equip a few items; but she gains a wide repertoire of spells, and has high MP and Agility.
- Her Level cap in most versions of the game is 35, and 50 as of the Cell phone & Switch port. Her icon is red.
- Possible names: Erin (アイリン), Akina (あきな), Samantha (サマンサ), Nana (ナナ), Purin (プリン), Maiko (まいこ), Maria (マリア), Linda (リンダ)