Hall of Hargon
|Hall of Hargon|
|Rōmaji||Hāgon no shinden|
|Game||Dragon Quest II|
|Old localization||Hargon's Castle|
The Hall of Hargon (ハーゴンの神殿 Hargon's Temple) is the final dungeon in Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line.
It is located in the Rendarak region in Torland. The eponymous castle is where the heroes fight the two major antagonists of Dragon Quest II, Hargon and Malroth.
Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line
The Hall of Hargon is disguised by magic to make its interior appear identical to Midenhall Castle. In order to dispel the magic, the Eye of Rubiss must be used upon entering the castle. Upon revealing the true castle interior, the False Idol must be used to reveal the hidden 2F stairway.
- Dancing flame
- Green dragon
- Killing machine
- Liquid metal slime
* The Batmandrill can only appear as a static encounter by talking to two monsters on the main floor. The enemy cannot be fought via a random encounter anywhere in the castle except in the Mobile version.
These bosses are never mentioned in the game and do not appear on the floor maps. Their encounters occur in specific locations in the castle and begin the same as normal enemy encounters do.
Treasures (Remakes only)
- The illusion of Midenhall Castle has several changes in the remakes compared to how it functioned in the NES version:
- The throne room and prison can be entered, while in the NES version, you can't go down the stairs.
- The Teleportal to the Shrine west of Zahan acts as if it's transporting you, only for the characters to remain in the castle. In the NES version, stepping on it, much like the stairs does nothing.
- In the NES Version, the dialogue from the NPCs are the same as the actual ones from Midenhall. In the remakes, each NPC tries to convince The Prince of Midenhall that Hargon is a fair and benevolent rule, thus it's unnecessary to fight against him.
- The chests that remain after shedding the illusion contain nothing in the NES version, while in the remakes, they contain cursed equipment.
Map & Gallery
How the Hall of Hargon appears with the illusion. (NES)
How the Hall of Hargon appears after the Eye of Rubiss is used. (NES)
How the Hall of Hargon appears with the illusion. (SFC)
How the Hall of Hargon appears after the Eye of Rubiss is used. (SFC)
The castle's true face. (Cell phone)
Place the False Idol in the center of the cross. (Cell phone)
Atlas' area. (Cell phone)
Pazuzu's area. (Cell phone)
Belial's area. (Cell phone)
Hargon. (Cell phone)