- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen remakes
- 1.2 Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- 1.3 Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- 1.4 Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- 1.5 Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
- 1.6 Dragon Quest X
- 1.7 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- 1.8 Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below & Dragon Quest Heroes II: Twin Kings and the Prophecy's End
Kathwack is learned by Psaro at level 42.
Kathwack is learned by mastering the Sage vocation, and costs 15M P.
Angelo can acquire the spell by investing 56 points into his Staff skill and costs 15 MP.
Kathwack is learned by priests at level 55, and costs 20 MP to cast. As with the other whack spells, it's potency is reliant on the priest's Magical mending, raising the base accuracy from 75% at 200 to 100% at 799.
Kathwack is a spell exclusively used by monsters, and it costs 20 MP.
Serena learns Kathwack at level 63, and it costs 20 MP.
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below & Dragon Quest Heroes II: Twin Kings and the Prophecy's End
Kathwack appears as Kiryl's Coup-de-Grâce, carrying over from Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road. After trying and failing to cast Thwack multiple times, Kiryl becomes annoyed and stomps on the text windows in frustration, before casting a souped-up version of Kathwack, which annihilates groups of enemies with waves of darkness. This version of Kathwack causes damage, rather than instant death. This references Kiryl's AI in the NES version of Dragon Quest IV, where Kiryl would infamously cast the Whack and Thwack spells constantly in battle to no effect.