Hocus Pocus is a spell in the Dragon Quest series. It causes completely random effects. Also known as Chance in some versions.
Learned by the Princess of Moonbrooke at level 25. The spell costs 15 MP to cast.
Hocus Pocus is learned by the hero at level 39. It costs 20 MP to cast.
The spell is learned by the following characters, and again costs 20 MP to cast.
- The hero learns Hocus Pocus in Zoomingale, during Generation 3.
Most effects tend to affect everyone in battle (with some exceptions).
- Everyone recovers HP.
- Everyone recovers MP.
- Everyone loses MP.
- Only enemies lose MP.
- Everyone is dazzled.
- Everyone is confused.
- Everyone is paralyzed.
- Everyone falls asleep.
- Summons something horrifying (cower in fear).
- Summons a giant genie to smash the enemy.
- Meteorites strike everyone (reduces HP to 1).
- All party members become dragons.
- All party members are filled with a strange power.
- All enemies explode[instant kill].
- A dark haze neutralises all magic.
- Caster is hit with a ray of energy for 400+ damage.
- Restarts battle from the beginning.
- Nothing happens.