Party (Dragon Quest VIII)
From Dragon Quest Wiki
- Hero: The main character, a guard of Trodain Castle. Has full immunity to all types of curses. The reason for this is revealed in the endgame.
- Yangus: A brigand from Pickham who joined the team when the hero saved his life.
- Jessica Albert: A young lady out to avenge her brother Alistair who was murdered by Dhoulmagus. Is made into a love interest in the Nintendo 3DS version.
- Angelo: A delinquent monk who was sent to avenge Abbot Francisco's death.
- Red: A collector of valuables treasures. Was once romantically involved with Yangus. Appears several times throughout the story, and becomes a playable party member in the 3DS version.
- Morrie: Runs a Monster Arena alternatively known as Morrie's Place and is an optional playable party member in the 3DS version.
- King Trode: King of [[Trodain)] Castle before it was devastated by Dhoulmagus's curse. Was himself cursed by Dhoulmagus to have the form of a troll. Travels with the party but doesn't fight. He is playable when wandering Tryan Gully. His biggest contribution comes in his creation, the Alchemy Pot
- Princess Medea: Cursed by Dhoulmagus to have the form of a horse. Pulls the wagon. Acts as a love interest to the Hero.
- Munchie: A small rodent that always accompanies the Hero on his adventures. Aids the party in battle if The Hero feeds him a particular piece of Cheese. During the course of the story, The Hero learns the secret of his pet and friend.
Party preparing for battle. (Cell phone)