The Echo Chamber is an era exclusive to the Nintendo Switch and 3DS versions of Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. It is a sacred temple within Tickington that contains the records of heroes of the past.
The Tockles watch over the time-space continuum and insure that the tales of past heroes are preserved in magical tomes. Recently, a conspirator has seen fit to seal off the tomes and send monsters to terrorize these worlds. The Tockles are unable to handle the situation on their own, and beseech the Luminary to aid them in repairing history. In order to facilitate the recover of the lost time, several tockles have been dispatched to Erdrea to seek out pastwords--incantations that will override the villain's seals and allow the Luminary to resolves the plights within. These tockles do not fade when approached, are larger, and are usually non-white in color to stand out from the scenery.
List of past locations
The echo chamber allows players to visit the worlds of past games and complete side quests based on these past adventures. Due to the disruption of the normal flow of time, the events that take place therein will not always take place during the same time as the main adventure of that particular title.
- Hall of Remembrance
- Hall of Remembrance - Level 2
- Hall of Remembrance - Level 3
- Deepest Recesses of the Past
- This cameo marks the first time that locations, characters, and races in Dragon Quest X have been localized.
- Consequently, the term "undeciphered" being used for X is out of necessity as the game has no official English subtitle for any of it's versions.
- Reverie is used for VI's altar in all English-speaking regions, instead of Revelation being used for the American territory.
- The Ruby Path of Doom, and the quest that is started within, is based on the Masayuki map.