A Monster Heart is the crystallization of a monster's essence. It holds the characteristics of a monster. When a person takes this heart to the Alltrades Abbey, or an abbot or abbess from such a temple, the person can assume that monster's 'class' to acquire the qualities of said monster, eventually becoming it.
In Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart, two monster hearts are applied to a single monster when it goes through reform.
Acquiring Monster Hearts
A monster whose vocation can be undertaken has a rare chance of dropping a Monster Heart with the exception of two monsters:
The Slaughtomaton will not drop an Slaughtomaton Heart because it is only fought once in the game. The boss Golem in The Tower will not drop a Golem Heart because it is only fought once. However, there are Collum o' golem that may drop a Golem Heart.
The Lucky Panel game in the Casino will sometimes have Monster Hearts as prizes. Additionally in the Nintendo 3DS version Traveller's Tablet help to obtain Hearts at an easier rate, especially customized ones.
Monster hearts may drop from any non-boss monster (and a few boss monsters, such as the gargoyle) shortly after acquiring the heart stealing device.
Obtainable Hearts in the Field
Certain hearts can be found in the world during the course of the games.
Dragon Quest VII
- A Healslime Heart can be found in La Bravoure.
- A Walking Corpse Heart can be found in the Sunken Citadel in the past.
- A Berserker Heart can be found in the Hardlypool Tunnel in the past after Gracos is defeated.
- A Slime Heart can be found in the Highendreigh Tower in the present.
- A Kingfuchsia Heart can be found in Mountaintop Tunnel in the past.
- A Lips Heart can be found in Mountaintop Tunnel in the present. Another Lipsy Heart can be found in Pillar of Sulkk.
- A Chimaera Heart can be found in the Sanctum of the Cirrus in the past.
- An Jawtoise Heart can be found in the Den of the Dwarves in the past.
- A Mimic Heart can be found in the The Likeness in Disc 2.
- A Platinum king jewel Heart can obtained by exchanging 110 Mini medal to the Medal King.
- A Hero Heart can be obtained by defeating The Almighty within 20 turns.
Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart
- A golem heart can be found in Alefgard once the continent has been raised from the ocean, in the incredibly sparse ruins where Mercado once stood, referencing the monster's role in the original Dragon Quest.
- Holding it, one can almost imagine life as a monster... (Description when selecting the Monster Heart in Nintendo 3DS Dragon Quest VII.)
- Holding it, one can almost imagine how it might feel to be a hero... (Description when selecting the Hero' heart in Nintendo 3DS Dragon Quest VII.)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikia.|