Shadow Slash, also known as Dark Masher, is a recurring skill in the Dragon Quest series, first introduced in Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. It enchants the user's melee attack with abyssal darkness for a single strike.
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Shadow Slash is a stronger version of Shade Slash, costing 4 MP to use. It strikes a single enemy with an attack using 130% of the user's normal attack, dealing damage based on the target's Zam resistance.
can be learned from:
- Bang & Zam III (37 points)
- Crack & Zam III (39 points)
- Dark Knight (75 points)
- Darklight Slashes (100 points)
- Frizz & Zam III (40 points)
- Rhapthorne II (20 points)
- Thunderwind Slashes (80 points)
- Über Dark Dynamiter (40 points)
- Über Knight (56 points)
- Woosh & Zam III (39 points)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Shadow Slash now deals a combination of Zam and Donk-element damage. It can be learned from all the skills it could be previously, though the point requirements for Darklight Slashes, Rhapthorne II, and Thunderwind Slashes have changed. It can now be learned from:
- Darklight Slashes (80 points)
- Rhapthorne II (17 points)
- Sizz & Zam III (40 points)
- Thunderwind Slashes (65 points)
Dragon Quest Tact
Dark Masher can be learned by Dark skeleton through Talent Blossoming and costs 38 MP to use. It inflicts 270% potency Zam-type physical damage to a single enemy.
|Role *||Type *||Element||MP cost|
|Deals 270% potency Zam-type physical damage to 1 enemy|
|Naturally learnt by|
Dragon Quest Treasures
Shadow Slash imbunes the user with the power of the netherworld, dealing Dark-element slash damage to all enemies withing range for 8 MP, with a chance to seal their spells. It is learned by Amber drackies, Glyphic golems, and Queen slimes.