- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
- 1.2 Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- 1.3 Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- 1.4 Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- 1.5 Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
- 1.6 Dragon Quest X
- 1.7 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- 1.8 Dragon Quest Monsters
- 1.9 Dragon Quest Monsters 2
- 2 See also
Defending Champion is learned by advancing to rank 6 of the Ranger vocation. While physical strikes and magical damage will always be reduce, the skill has no effect on breath attacks, Body Slam, Puff-Puff (male version), Pearly Gates, Tsunami, Lightning, Gigaslash, Lightning Storm, Magic Burst, and Ferocious Roar, so caution must be used depending on the monsters encountered.
Defending Champion is a fisticuffs technique that both the The Hero and Angelo can learn. It requires 11 skill points by the Hero, and 68 skill points by Angelo. The characters must be unarmed to use the technique, but the skill is affected by tension; at peak anger a character can reduce damage to 1.3% (1⁄75).
This ability is learned with 18 skill points invested into Shield skill. So long as a shield is held, a character can use the skill regardless of what weapon they wield.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Hendrik will learn the skill through his Fraternity path, unlocking it for 16 points. It costs 0 MP to use and lasts one turn.