The spell Midheal (ベホイミ Behoimi) is a recurring healing spell in the Dragon Quest series. It restores a moderate amount of HP to one character, and is related to the spells Heal, Moreheal, Fullheal, Multiheal, and Omniheal.
Medislimes are known for casting this spell on their allies in battle, often prolonging encounters considerably.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Dragon Quest
- 1.2 Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line
- 1.3 Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation
- 1.4 Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
- 1.5 Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
- 1.6 Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
- 1.7 Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
- 1.8 Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- 1.9 Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
- 1.10 Dragon Quest X
- 1.11 Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- 1.12 Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
- 1.13 Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
- 1.14 Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- 2 Battle Visuals
- 3 In Other Languages
- 4 Gallery
- 5 See Also
Midheal is learned by The Prince of Cannock at Level 14, while The Princess of Moonbrooke starts with it. It requires 5 MP to cast in all versions of the game. Oddly, the spell's healing rates in and out of battle are different in the original version; when cast in battle the spell will operate within the familiar 85~100 range, but when cast outside of battle the spell will restore only 43~85 hit points. This unusual aspect is not present in any of the remakes.
Midheal is learned by the following:
Midheal is already known by Nevan, Goober, and Kingsley upon joining the party, and is learned by Milly at level 13, Healie at level 9, and Curie at level 6. Everyone else can learn it by advancing to rank 4 of the Priest vocation.
The Hero learns the spell at Level 12.
- In the 3DS version, Midheal is already known by Morrie when he joins the party.
Midheal is learned by Priests and Sages at level 16, Paladins at level 20, Minstrels at level 21, Rangers at level 22, and lLuminaries at level 23. It costs 4 MP to cast, and restores 75~95 HP. Once the caster's magical mending surpasses 100, the spell will beginning to gradually increase in potency. Once the dependent stat reaches 999, the spell will restore 290~310 HP.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
The Hero will learn Midheal at level 19, Serena at level 16, and Rab and Hendrik will join the party already having the spell. It costs 6 MP to cast, restores a minimum of 65~85 HP, and a maximum of 85~105 HP.
Midheal can be learned from:
- Aquapothecary (23 points)
- Defender (57 points)
- Diamagon (13 points)
- Green Finger (42 points)
- Hawkhart III (20 points)
- Healer (28 points)
- Priest (32 points)
- Slimer (55 points)
Midheal can be cast by a hero if a Healstone has been imbued with the spell, which costs 500 gold to do so. Unlike other entries in the series, Midheal will heal the entire party using a Healstone. Midheal can also occasionally be cast by Healix on one of the heroes if they are at low HP. The chance to be randomly healed by Healix will be boosted if any characters are wielding Slime weapons or they are wearing Slime earrings.
In Other Languages